Community_discussions_small  

Question

beaches and reefs tour start sydney 27/11/11 ??

31 Oct 2011 Amanda_15 asked

Amanda_15

• 7 Nov 2011 Explorer1289038 said

Default_avatar

Hey!!!

I’m taking the tour as well and am sooooo excited!!! Have you done many tours before?

• 8 Nov 2011 Amanda_15 said

Amanda_15

Nope, this will be my first one by my self, i am excited too!

• 8 Nov 2011 Marek RCSD said

Marek RCSD

Hey! I’m booked on this trip too.. seems like there are several people going on this trip. At the moment we’re tentatively planning on meeting up on Saturday night to all grab a bite to eat and/or go out for drinks. We haven’t set anything definite yet but I can sure keep you posted.

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon!

Amanda_15

I know there is a “kick start” meeting the night before, well at least thats what it says on one of the papers i received. anyways its at the holiday inn potts point, but that sounds like a good plan.

Marek RCSD

Yeah you’re right but from what a few people told me it consists of a short introduction to everything and then everyone is on their own afterwards until we depart the next morning. When are you arriving in Sydney?

Amanda_15

Then it will be easy to round everybody up to go out! and I am actually in sydney now, been rainy so it kinda sucks.

Marek RCSD

Wow no kidding! Are you on another tour or do you actually live there? Hopefully it quits raining by the time the tour starts..

Amanda_15

No I’m from Calgary, Alberta Canada. I am staying with some distance relatives for the time being, and just doing day tours, did the bridge climb over the weekend, and seeing the ballet this weekend. Its been hot though, today it was 29, felt like 37 before the thunderstorm. Its suppose to stop raining soon though, so I’m sure it will be nice during our tour!

Marek RCSD

Wow how exciting! So I’ll be in Sydney on Friday morning and will have all day Friday & Saturday to explore.. what would you suggest I do with my time to maximize the experience?

Amanda_15

If you can, go online to the bridgeclimb.com i think it is, and see if it interests you. I went the twilight time, so went up in the light, watched the sunset, and came down in the dark, it was gorgeous. If you want to see more of the actual city, there is a hop on hop off tour thats about an 90 mins long. One takes you around the eastern suburbs, and another takes you around Bondi. I would also catch the ferry and check out Manly.

Marek RCSD

Awesome! Thanks so much for the input.. looking forward to meeting you!

Amanda_15

No problem, same goes for you =]

• 17 Nov 2011 Angela K said

Angela K

Hi Amandah and Marek!
    I’m Angela and my friend Inna and i are going on this tour.
    We’re already in Sydney (planning on going to Melbourne this weekend for a few days) and would love to meet up with either of you!
    What’s this legend about meeting up at a holiday inn at potts’ point on the saturday before?
    We’re currently at the X Base at Druitt and Kent St, are you near there Amandah?

Hope all is well, looking forward to meeting you guys! :)

• 17 Nov 2011 Amanda_15 said

Amanda_15

Heyy Angela,
    I dont know too much about it, but we do have a kick start meeting the night before i think around 5ish and then just to know everyone go out for dinner and drinks!
    I am not near there, I am about a 30 min bus ride from george st (circular quay area) , i am staying with distant family so kind of out of town, but definitely would like to meet up
    enjoy your weekend trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion