Community_discussions_small  

Question

12 hours in Egypt before European Magic (Jan 2012)

31 Oct 2011 Laura asked

Default_avatar

Hey,

My friend and I have a stop over flight in Egypt for +/-12 hours before getting to the UK for our European Magic in January 2012. We are only there from landing in Cairo Airport at 5:45 in the morning, and having to get back on our flight at 17:40 in the evening.

So... We were hoping to get out and check the Sphinx and pyramids in Cairo for a few hours and Contiki doesn't offer tours for less than a day (unfortunately), I was hoping somebody knew of a safe, fun and affordable tour we could do for the day?? Contiki Recommendations are much appreciated from the people that have done the Egypt & Nile tours...

Keeping in mind:
* 2 females on their own
* We need a shuttle to and from the airport (most tours seem to offer this) and with enough time to make our flight ;) So only really a half day...
* Safe place to store luggage if possible?

Apparently Egypt visa's are free - we just have to apply for one a month or 2 before our trip.

Thank you so much!!

• 8 Nov 2011 Rheebie said

Rheebie

Hi Laura.
    I was on the Egyp & Nile tourt in 2009 so i’ll give you some of the things I did/ used.

• I used a company called Octopus Travel for transfers but Egyptian taxi drivers are really friendly and helpful so you should be able to get a good fare to the pyramids and back in plenty of time for your flights. Otherwise many other companies do small day/half day tours.
      Octopus travel do day tours to the pyramids http://www.octopustravel.com/au/Home.jsp
    • You could try leaving your luggage at an airport hotel- I stayed at the Novotel Airport Hotel or the Contik,Hotel which in 2009 was the Oasis Resort Hotel but best to check
      Hope this heaps
      Rhee
  • 27 Dec 2011 CanadaZach said

Default_avatar

Hi Laura,
    When’s your European Magic trip in Jan? I’m going on next week’s trip Jan 5-15 (meeting the group in London on Fri Jan 6 technically).

Zach

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion