Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European + Egypt - August 2011 (Oktoberfest)

20 Feb 2010 Laine said

Laine
Hello,

Well its time for me to plan my next trip to Europe and the ultimate euro is it. I have done a European Escapade with contiki last year and absolutely loved it. I traveled alone and it was my first time overseas but dont let that scare you, its great.

For all those people that are thinking about going over around this time June / July / August, Oktoberfest is in the August tour and it was amazing last year even if your not a drinker.

I will be going with a mate this time and we are both 24yr old males from brisbane.

If you guys have any questions about contiki and their trips, please ask away and i will give you my personal experiences.

Cheers,

Laine
  • 4 Mar 2010 kristy said

kristy

hey laine
    since im thinking of going in j/j/a next year.. i was wondering what oktoberfest would be like.. have you been before? i know its a beer fest but is it all beer lol.. because im a typical lolliwater, sweet tooth kinda girl when it comes to alcohol and really hate beer. so is it worth going at that time haha
    im going with my best friend 2
    we’re from perth

• 5 Mar 2010 Laine said

Laine

Yeah i went last year and it was the highlight of the trip for me.

I first thought all Oktoberfest was the beer tents and getting loose but its soo much more than just drinking beer. There is heaps of beer tents everywhere but there is actually a full theme park attached to it. You could spend the whole day just going on rides and eating the awesome food.

In the actual beer tents, the locals really get into the singing and dancing and get kranky if you dont join in. Last year they had 5.7 Million people go in 16days. Im definately dressing up in Lederhosen next year to get into the spirit. It was well worth it

• 27 Mar 2010 Laine said

Laine

Oktoberfest obviously used to be held in October but it apparently got brought forward due to better weather in september.

Now the first weekend in October is the last weekend of Oktoberfest.

I cant wait to go back Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 13 Apr 2010 Kritta said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking of doing the UE (but probably the Greek Island option) in early August and then heading back to Oktoberfest after the tour finishes.

I did European Highlights last year and visited Oktoberfest, it was def. the highlight of the tour.

Kristen

• 27 Aug 2010 Laine said

Laine

Just on 12months away for this trip next year Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

February is cutoff for the 6month Early payment discount of 5% & 5% off for previous contiki travellers

Anyone else starting to plan for this trip?

• 14 Sep 2010 Beck said

Beck

Hi guys,

Im booked on the 16th August departure, I think it goes to Octoberfest (it did in this years book so I’m sure it will!)

What dates are you all planning? If your on the 16th August I’ll see you there!

I’m travelling solo and 25.

Beck

• 25 Sep 2010 Vanessa said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I’m thinking about going on this tour, departing on the 16th of August. It’ll be my third trip to Europe, but I went in winter for my last two. I’m looking forward to seeing Europe in summer.

I’m 26, from Adelaide.

• 27 Sep 2010 Beck said

Beck

Sounds great Vanessa keep me posted, I’m booked and paying it off each week. This will be my 4th contiki and my first time in Europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Sep 2010 Natalie said

Default_avatar

hey Beck…im Natalie and im also booked for the August 16 tour next year…did you pick the Egypt option???!! Im also travelling by myself…im happy to find someone else doing the same thing…im 26

• 29 Sep 2010 Beck said

Beck

Hey Natalie! Unfortunately I’m on the Greek Islands option, but the rest of the trip will be the same, It’s good to see other people traveling by themselves too!

• 30 Sep 2010 Natalie said

Default_avatar

hey Beck it a shame we aren’t on the same tour..its going to be so much fun cant wait to get to Oktoberfest..i did contiki New Zealand and it was fantastic

• 30 Sep 2010 Beck said

Beck

Hey Natalie- we will be on the same tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> – just for the few days in the middle we will break off to do different options.

I did contiki in NZ last year too, and America the year before. They make it pretty easy to have an awesome time!

I have started the countdown already!

• 3 Oct 2010 Lish88 said

Lish88

hi guys im doing the UE+Greek island tour but i leave on the 24th july, but was thinking of doing the oktoberfest contiki for 5 nights camping
    would i be camping with the contiki group from your tour? do they all meet up?
    alisha : )

• 7 Oct 2010 Natalie said

Default_avatar

Hey Beck…how do you know we will be on the same tour?? i thought the whole tour went to Egypt!! that will be great if we are..then i have meet one person Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> contiki is great you dont have to worry about anything except having fun!!

• 13 Oct 2010 rachelabee said

Default_avatar

I wrote on Beck’s other post. I am also doing the Aug 16th departure but going to the Greek Islands over Egypt. In regards to the last comment, the tour just splits up for a few days while some people do Egypt and the others do the Greek Islands then we are all together again! I did call and check with Contiki and this tour 100% goes to Oktoberfest, which is the main reason I picked this date. Lastly, if you have time you should read this blog http://www.davechallenger.com/prologue.html he did our tour and has a great view on what to see and do in the various places we stop. Can’t wait for UE 2011!!

Rachel

• 13 Oct 2010 kristy said

kristy
    quote:
    Originally posted by rachelabee:
    Lastly, if you have time you should read this blog http://www.davechallenger.com/prologue.html he did our tour and has a great view on what to see and do in the various places we stop. Can’t wait for UE 2011!!

Rachel

I tottaly agree in reading daves travellog but THIS IS A MUST READ!!! dont go on tour unless you have read it. its sooooo good
    something to put at the top of your list if you are going on ultimate euro

not long till 2011 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Oct 2010 Beck said

Beck

The months will fly by! Cant wait!!

• 13 Oct 2010 rachelabee said

Default_avatar

Kristy are you also on the aug 16th 2011?? That’s the one I’m signed up for! I made a forum for people on that specific tour if you want to respond on there and we get more of our tour mates involved (hopefully!)

• 19 Dec 2010 rachelabee said

Default_avatar

Has anybody else on here booked the August 16th date? Me, Natalie, and Beck are all set to go!

• 6 Jan 2011 bren said

Default_avatar

i am doing the aug 12th tour then going back to munich for a week in Oktoberfest.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion