Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Highlights May 14th 2012 anyone??

31 Oct 2011 sewles asked

sewles

is anyone else booked on this tour yet ?

• 7 Mar 2012 SabiiO said

SabiiO

Hi Justina! Welcome to the slowly growing group! :)
    Tanya- awesome! I’m super excited that I’ve found at least one person who wants to do that with me!

• 7 Mar 2012 Justina said

Default_avatar

I was curious: Are you guys going to be bringing cash or using credit cards? Because I honestly have no idea how much spending money I should bring along.

• 7 Mar 2012 tanya said

tanya

I’m bringing both. Cash for the markets, food and bars and credit card for shopping and extra adventures that might happen. Not sure how much i’m bringing either, i’ve been reading other blogs and everyone’s saying to average about 50 to 100euro per day. Always better to have more than not enough!

Any of you girls bring the much needed necessities….hair dryer, flat iron? i’m not one of the lucky ones where my hair air dries into luscious locks..lol

• 7 Mar 2012 SabiiO said

SabiiO

I’m not 100% sure how much cash I’m taking but I’m thinking on taking a credit card just in case cause you never know!

I’m probably bringing my flat iron and for sure mousse. But I’m lucky that my hair dries into pretty curls :)
    Is anyone planning on bringing a laptop? I was considering it but I’m not sure :/

Default_avatar

Alright, good thing to keep in mind. Which means I have to talk to my credit card company ha. But that’s definitely true…I’d rather have more money than I need than too little.
    Aaah…I don’t use products like that because my curls are insane and nothing works on them. So I’ll probably only be bringing shampoo and conditioner.
    Yeah, I was considering bringing a laptop, especially since I am going to be spending time before and after the tour in Europe.

• 7 Mar 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Justina where in mi you from? I have fam all over Michigan. I’m actually going to by a blow dryer when I get to London bc last time I went to the UK it broke lol and I have a lot of hair so its a must for me lol

• 7 Mar 2012 SabiiO said

SabiiO

I’m considering a laptop simply cause I’m taking my digital SLR camera so I’d want to upload the photos. Also, I’m hoping it’ll be warm enough to go swimming!! hahaha

• 7 Mar 2012 sewles said

sewles

I’m down to eat baguettes by the Eiffel tower !! :)
    And welcome to the group justina

• 7 Mar 2012 Maria said

Maria

I DEF want to do the whole cheese, baugette, wine, Eiffel tower thing. That was one of things that I wan to do. Alot of people said that was a good idea.
    No Computers or anything like that for me. Just my camera and my phone
    As for money- bringing credit cards and cash. A few girls from work told me to exchange some of my money at your local bank first- it not be as expensive to do it here vs. overseas. Any thoughts on that?
    Also- everyone is more or less doing all the excursion too right?

Default_avatar

I’m from the metro Detroit area.
    Well, as long as you have enough memory on your card, you shouldn’t need a laptop then, but as a precaution, you may want to bring it.
    And the whole cheese and wine thing at the Eiffel Tower does sound good.
    I have no idea about the local bank thing. I’d have to go and ask. It probably would be cheaper though just because they like to charge extra and whatnot when you go to other countries.
    I’m planning on doing most of the excursion.

• 7 Mar 2012 tanya said

tanya

Justina, i was just in Detroit a few weeks ago, I’m from Toronto and a bunch of us went to a Detroit hockey game…fun!
    I’m not bringing a laptop, too much to lug around and if i realllyyyy need to contact someone, i’m sure the hostels will have computers there. As for money, i’m for sure exchanging it here. i’m getting both Euro’s and british pounds as i’m staying a few extra days at the end.
    I think they offer extra excursions for a cost, which i’ll probably get. It’s going to be an exhausting trip but oh so worth it!!

• 7 Mar 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Yes def cheese bread and wine! The more we talk about the more excited I’m getting!

• 7 Mar 2012 sewles said

sewles

I’m not bringing a blow dryer probably just my flat iron. I’m planning on budgeting 75$ a day and then extra money for those optional excursions. I’m bringing my prepaid credit card for security money, and also so i don’t over spend on my real credit card. I’m trying to find out if i can use my debit card over there, which would also be good as just security money. i don’t plan on bringing my laptop too much to lug around. I’m definitely exchanging my money here its easier and saves time once we get over there, and also the bank here gives a decent rate. Is anyone departing from Amsterdam at the end or is everyone extending their stay after in London?

• 7 Mar 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Maria and I are flying out of Amsterdam. Were flying into London before the trip for a few days.

• 7 Mar 2012 sewles said

sewles

okay my flight leaves Amsterdam at 11:40 and then i have a connection in London. I’m flying British airways are you on the same flight and if not what time is your flight anyways?

• 7 Mar 2012 SabiiO said

SabiiO

I’m staying an extra day in London the last night. The first day I arrive at like 7:30am so I’m thinking of taking a train to do the Harry Potter set your at the Warner Bros studios :)

• 7 Mar 2012 sewles said

sewles

I’m flying British airways, and my flight departs Amsterdam at 11:40 am, and then i have a connection in London. are you on the same flight and if not what time is your flight?

• 7 Mar 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Yea we depart Amsterdam for London then London to Miami. I’m not sure of the exact times but we are on British airways

• 7 Mar 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Yea we depart Amsterdam for London then London to Miami. I’m not sure of the exact times but we are on British airways

• 7 Mar 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion