Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Highlights May 14th 2012 anyone??

31 Oct 2011 sewles asked

sewles

is anyone else booked on this tour yet ?

• 11 Apr 2012 KateDuin said

KateDuin

Hey! I’m Nick’s cousin Kate who is also on this tour! Very excited! We are staying in London on the 14/15th of May if anyone wants to catch up for a drink?
    Also there’s a rad Kiwi band (Six60) playing in Paris at a funky, little bar the first night we arrive if anyone is keen? Just need to find out what time the ‘Paris by Night’ tour finishes. Does anyone know? Anyway here’s the link for the gig http://www.facebook.com/events/197520620361778/
    Look forward to meeting everyone!

• 11 Apr 2012 tanya said

tanya

Welcome!! I’ve never heard of them and will def look them up…love concerts!!
    I also get there the 14th and will definitely be up for drinks!!

5 more weeks!!

oh and our tour is almost full!!!..woohoo

• 15 Apr 2012 BangBangSparkle said

BangBangSparkle

Hey everyone :) My name is Valeri and i’ll be on this tour too solo all the way from California <3

• 17 Apr 2012 tanya said

tanya

Welcome Valeri!!!

Ok, 4 weeks away and i’m going crazy on what to bring. What’s everyone bringing for day tours, a backpack or shoulder bag style? How about a luggage or travellers backpack style?

Also, any of the ladies bringing dressy shoes for going out at night? if so, what type, highheel, midheel? Ah i don’t want to overpack on things i’m not going to use!

• 18 Apr 2012 Justina said

Default_avatar

I have a purse that can be carried as a shoulder bag…that’s what I’m bringing. Just because I’m staying in Europe for longer than the Contiki tour so I need the space and I don’t wanna lug around a backpack.

And I’m NOT bringing dressy shoes…just normal flats. And no heels for me. I don’t have the room to pack all of that. I would if I had the space….but seriously, I have no room plus, I’d only wear the heels like, once.

• 18 Apr 2012 KateDuin said

KateDuin

For day tours I’m taking a shoulder handbag. I’m packing mid heels for night..if we go out some bars/clubs have strict dress codes so just in case! Are you guys taking a winter coat??

• 18 Apr 2012 SabiiO said

SabiiO

I’m taking a small purse I can cross over my shoulders for the day tours, but I’m also bringing my slr camera so that will be around my neck at all times :) haha. I’m bringing a pair of heels for the nights, I’ve been told the bars/clubs are really good by past contiki travelers!

And welcome Valeri and Kate! Who has gotten their contiki package yet?! I just got mine a couple days ago!! Soo exciting!!! :)

• 18 Apr 2012 BlakeBurgess said

BlakeBurgess

havent got mine yet, but its on its way!! its exciting!!

• 18 Apr 2012 tanya said

tanya

Perfect!! think i’ll do the over the shoulder bag also..and bring a pair of heels….thanks ladies!!…

oh, how about a sleeping bag?? I REALLLYYY don’t want to bring one as it’s going to take up wary too much room, however Contiki suggests we bring one.

Yup got the package the other day, so excited!!

SabiiO

SabiiO

No problem Tanya! I’m worried about overpacking! But I’m keeping in mind that there’s laundry available at some of the places we’re staying so we could always wash a shirt or two lol.

A sleeping bag is provided. In the Contiki package there’s a voucher for a sleepin bag. We get it from the Contiki basement (where we sign in and meet the group).

Just a few weeks away!!

• 18 Apr 2012 maborden said

maborden

Hello Everyone!! My name is Michelle and I will be on the tour as well.. traveling solo. I am getting super excited for our trip and all the shenanigans that we will cause. Anyone bringing a hair dryer? Kind of worried about that. I arrive into London the 15th around noon so I would love to hang out with someone for the day. You can friend me on facebook under Michelle Borden:)

• 18 Apr 2012 Justina said

Default_avatar

Haven’t gotten the package yet.
    Tell me about it. I’m so worried about overpacking. And I’m also worried I just won’t have room for everything haha.
    Welcome Michelle!
    Sorry, not bringing a hair dryer. And I forgot to say, my full name is Justina Yohannan, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook.

• 18 Apr 2012 tanya said

tanya

I am for sure bringing a hair dryer as I need it. Don’t want to scare anyone off…lol

As for the sleeping bag, i know Contiki has vouchers for us but the ones they provided are used (i’m pretty sure). So i can either suck it up, use it, or bring my own, which will take up way too much room.

Michelle i’m getting there around the same time, I land around 10am and should be at the hotel in the afternoon!

i’m Tanya Pecchia on facebook!

• 22 Apr 2012 tanya said

tanya

Anyone book any of the extra excursions?? the bike tour in amsterdam, wine tour in Tuscany etc? I know you can book it there at the Contiki basement, just wanted to see who booked in advance!

• 24 Apr 2012 sewles said

sewles

sewles

sewles

sewles

sewles

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion