Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is anyone selling there hybrid bag (suitcase/backpack with wheels & straps)?

2 May 2010 Explorer1128723 asked

Default_avatar
Hi,

Does anyone know where to find a reasonable cheap hybrid bag ( has the ability to be wheeled like a suitcase but also has the option of backpack straps).

I have been looking on all the luggage websites online and also on ebay but have not found many at all. The new ones all seem to be around $200.00 and have only found one that is second hand online.

If anyone is selling theirs could you please let me know or if you know of a good places to purchase one please let me know (I live on the gold coast)

Thanks Smiler
  • 2 May 2010 Casey said

Default_avatar

Go to “Wild Earth Australia” online.

I got mine on there, a High Sierra one, for under $150. It was shipped from Miami on the Gold Coast, so you probably wouldn’t even need to pay the postage like I had to…

• 3 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Has anyone used one of these? They seem like a good idea, but don’t look nearly as comfortable as a backback would be. So the question is really, is the backpack function good for all the time, or just in a bind?

• 3 May 2010 DasheR said

Default_avatar

I’ve got a hybrid pack.
    The caribee Fast Track 75 litre. I went on a 19 day tour and to be honest i just wheeled it every where. I did try the backpack approach but i definitely wouldn’t be able to use it for a long period of time… just uncomfortable even with the hip flexors that some brands don’t offer. However i can see where it could come in handy…
    I got mine from Wild Earth Australia too.

• 21 Jun 2012 chrisgayle885 said

Default_avatar

d

• 29 Jun 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

I know this is past but another good site is ebags.com, I bought mine for under 150 plus shipping included.

• 3 Oct 2012 chrisgayle885 said

Default_avatar

Why don’t you try MonsterBags online store. They have good range of convertible backpacks which has both the options i.e whenever you want it to be wheeled, you can just extent the backpack handle and enjoy its wheeled features. Also, if you feel like you don’t have much luggage with you; it can be wrapped and used as a shoulder strap backpack. Recently, I have purchased similar Eagle Creek backpack from their store at very low price since they were running sale at their portal. So I’d suggest you try their online store for detailed features of the bag.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion