Community_discussions_small  

Comment

need advice... ROAD TO ATHENS - MYKONOS

10 Apr 2007 DANVAK said

Default_avatar
Who has done this tour? 17 days.. it includes: London, Paris, Lucerne, Munich, Venice, Florence, Rome, Corfu, Athens and (optional) Mykonos.
How was it?
Any recommendations? Should I chose another one?

Is it worth to go to Mykonos or somewhere else? By my own or with the tour (COntiki I think)

Please help me out. I´m plannig to do it in July.
Thanks
  • 10 Apr 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

I haven’t been to Europe myself yet, but no one has responded, so…
    Personally, I would skip Mykonos, but I have close access to beaches at home (Gold Coast) and I would want to see as much of Europe as was possible in my time there
    BUT
    Consider expenses and time etc. and see if you can fit in another tour, remembering you need to get out of Athens after your tour. If you want a relaxing tour, have you considered Greek Island Hopping? then you’d get to see Mykonos plus other islands. Or you could do a longer tour that wraps around to London again.

What are you leaning towards?
    What do you want to get out of the trip?
    How limited is time/budget?

• 12 Apr 2007 TanLC said

Default_avatar

Hey I am doing the Road to Athens then staying in Mykonos for 4 nights afterwards. Worked out easier and quicker to get back to Italy by flying Myk/Ath/Rom so I could continue my travels over to Spain and Ibiza!!!… Must admit the resort at Mykonos not cheap but I stayed at the one in Bali and had a ball..Will let you know how it was as I am going on 26 May to 9 Jun for the Contiki part…!!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.