Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West Jan 28

2 Nov 2011 Dane asked

Dane

Hey! Pretty stoked to have just booked this with a mate from Brisbane. Who's coming???

• 10 Nov 2011 JenU said

JenU

Hey, im booked up as well- cant wait! are u doing any travelling beforehand or after? x

• 10 Nov 2011 Dane said

Dane

Awesome! We’re staying right on Patong a few days before the tour. Yourself?

• 10 Nov 2011 Callie & Bec said

Default_avatar

Hey a friend and I have booked this too :-) we’re from Australia :-)

• 11 Nov 2011 Dane said

Dane

Cool! Anyone done one of these before?

• 11 Nov 2011 JenU said

JenU

Im from england. Yea just got back from the grand southern usa trip, was amazing!

• 11 Nov 2011 JenU said

JenU

And yea doing a month in singapore, malaysia and bangkok beforehand

• 12 Nov 2011 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

I’ve just put a request through for this tour. Did any of you get a pre-tour and post-tour accomodation with this? If so, did it get confirmed?

• 14 Nov 2011 Dane said

Dane

@ Jen – sounds great! So you can fill me in on anything I would normally forget to pack, yeah?
    @ Dynamite_J – I booked pre-tour accommodation myself so I could pick my hotel etc. Cheaper that way.

• 29 Nov 2011 JenU said

JenU

Lol, yea- best advise is to pack light! and yea contiki is really expensive for accomodation- check out booking.com
    Is anyone on facebook?

• 30 Nov 2011 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

Hi Jen,

I just created a facebook page :) Copy and paste the below into search and you will find the group

Thai island hopper west – Jan 28th 2012

Ask to join and I will add you. And anyone else that wants to join is most welcome!

2 months away!

• 30 Nov 2011 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

I got pre tour and post tour accomodation at the same hotel. Look forward to meeting you all.

• 2 Dec 2011 Dennis said

Dennis

hey all, is anyone going to stay after the tour and go to the full moon party in koh phangan? if so where do you suggest is a good place to stay. pretty excited to see thailand for the first time.

• 2 Dec 2011 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

Yo should stay at the Shiralea backpackers resort. This is used by contiki on the east islands tour. It’s a great place, you’ll meet loads of fellow travellers and it has a nice family feel about the place. Choose hotel rooms or bungalows for accomodation. Look it up on tripadvisor.

The only thing is, it’s a way away from where the full moon party takes place, about 30 minutes drive.

• 4 Dec 2011 jesska said

jesska

i’m going on this tour with my one my mates :) we’re staying two and a half weeks after the tour but havent planned where we’re going yet! havent done a contiki tour before so am pretty excited!! :)

• 4 Dec 2011 Dennis said

Dennis

thanks for the info dynamite. my contiki agent gave me a website with a bunch of resorts on it. i think my buddy and i will be staying at one of them.

http://phangan-hotel.com/

• 4 Dec 2011 Max5462 said

Max5462

Just booked in 20 minutes ago! SOOOO Pumped. First Thailand experience.

• 5 Dec 2011 Explorer1329085 said

Default_avatar

They were en route from the Dominican Republic to NY in a Britton-Norman Islander.Ummmm That makes no sense.
    Lipotrim

• 23 Dec 2011 Lauraaa87 said

Lauraaa87

This is my first tour—just booked it a couple of days ago. So excited to go! Hoping to stay a little longer to explore a little more— maybe Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Going solo, so if anyone is interested in doing the same, the more the merrier :) I haven’t booked my flight yet (I’m departing from Toronto) —anyone have any tips? It’s my first time flying this far out.

• 23 Dec 2011 Max5462 said

Max5462

Laura, I’d suggest book flights so you get there a day before so you can take the 27 th to just relax before the tour lol. Those flights are looooong. A few of us are booked at the hotel before and are planning pre drinks and dinner before the tour. Cheers !

• 23 Dec 2011 Lauraaa87 said

Lauraaa87

Thanks Max!— I was looking at leaving the 25th or 26th— do a couple of stop overs to save some money, maybe see the inside of a few other airports (soooo exciting lol). Dinner sounds good! I don’t have all the details for the hotel yet though. Anyone know the name of the resort so I can book ahead?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.