Community_discussions_small  

Question

Italian Espresso 27 April 2012

4 Nov 2011 BenedictaMarisa asked

BenedictaMarisa

I booked this tour and is anyone else booked in this tour as well?
I can't hardly wait to go to Italy, yaaaayyy !!!!

• 2 Dec 2011 Explorer1327801 said

Default_avatar

I booked this a few days ago. Cannot wait!
    I’m going solo.
    You?

• 3 Dec 2011 BenedictaMarisa said

BenedictaMarisa

Yesss, I am too traveling solo!! I will arrive 1 day earlier in Rome to ease my jet lag and to explore more Rome :-)

• 4 Dec 2011 Explorer1327801 said

Default_avatar

I’m getting in the morning of the tour so hopefully I’ll be able to take a nap.
    I’m Ashlee and I’m from Canada.

• 7 Dec 2011 BenedictaMarisa said

BenedictaMarisa

Hi everyone!!

Below are some info for us (ladies) to travel solo there., courtesy from Ms. Lainey (me: thaaaank youuu, Lainey!!!) whom travelled there with Contiki as well.

anyway, don’t be surprised if the hotels there is not what we expected.

1. where do you keep your cash and additional cards while you’re traveling there (alone), i mean while you are sightseeing the city?
    ~ I puchased a money belt and I wore it underneathe my shirts. My passport, health insurance and other important documentation was also in there. Someone would have to literally lift the front of my shirt and unzip the pouch to take out the money.
    I left about 200 EURO in my purse and the rest in my money belt. So if someone were to steal my purse, I’d lose only 200EUROS and my snacks, toilet paper and water. I never left money at the hotel. If I needed more money, I just restocked the money belt in the washroom.

2. when we jump from one city to another city, is the train recommended or bus should be ok? from florence to tuscany.. will public trans. like bus are on time most of the time?
    The tour handles it for you, they send you on a bus from florence to tuscany.

3. is it safe a woman alone traveling in ITaly?
    yes, especially if you stick to the tourist areas. I felt even more safe than I did in my city. There are police patrolling everywhere (I was in the tourist areas though) so I felt safe.

4. is atm easy to find in any city? or even money changer?
    i didn’t see any, but I never looked for any. I carried all of my cash on my body in money belt.

5. will it be good if i carry a ransel / backpack type as a luggage (20kg) as european budget hotels are normally staircase?
    Luggage is fine on wheels. All of the hotels had elevators. And it’s easier to wheel to the bus.

6. will it be safe to bring my DSLR camera?, – i will have a day extra earlier in rome before contiki tour start and after Venice(end of trip) i will fly to Milan-
    I saw many people on tour bring a DSLR. It’s fine as long as you watch it carefully (but that goes for bringing it anyhwere)

• 20 Jan 2012 Explorer1351831 said

Default_avatar

My husband and I will be on this tour as well…part of our delayed honeymoon! Can’t wait! :)

• 9 Feb 2012 ExplorerAwesome said

ExplorerAwesome

I booked this tour, going solo! Ill be in Rome a day early. Never been to Italy so it shall be interesting :) Im Jacob from USA!!!

• 10 Feb 2012 BenedictaMarisa said

BenedictaMarisa

@Honeymoon couple: hi there! did Contiki tell you which hotel are you going to stay?

@ Jacob: Hi Jacob! me too will be arrive a day early, I will be staying at B&B Holiday San Pietro ( I hope i’s clean ;-) ) my flight will be in the morning, so it means i have a plenty of time to roam around before tour and to easy my jet leg :-)

Marisa
    benedictamarisa@gmail.com

• 11 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hey guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’re beta testing an online postcard site so you can send postcards straight to facebook or email. yay, no more stamps. We have postcards from the places you’re going and would appreciate any feedback. www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Thanks guys and I hope you like the cards.
    Safe travels!
    Pete

• 11 Feb 2012 Robert said

Robert

just got mine booked :) going solo, 21 from california

• 26 Mar 2012 CKITALY2012 said

Default_avatar

1.5 week away and pretty excited. A friend and I are going. We will be there a day earlier if anyone wants to meet up with us

• 10 Apr 2012 ExplorerAwesome said

ExplorerAwesome

A few of us will be there a day early if you want to get together! Ill be there on the 27th.

spazzmedic@gmail.com

• 13 Apr 2012 Robert said

Robert

Im coming from Los Angeles Solo, My plane leaves LA on the 27th. My first time out of the country, so this will be very interesting. I am excited but just would like to know if we purchase transportation from the airport to the hotel? or? Email: Robotyaadigg@Gmail.com if you’d like to meet up a little before or something!

• 20 Apr 2012 srmv3sis said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, me and a friend are on this tour too, leaving from Atlanta on the 27th, arriving in Rome on the 28th at 8am. Very excited. If anyone wants to look me up on facebook I’m Sara Vogt!!

• 20 Apr 2012 Aven said

Aven

Hey all, I’m landing in Rome on the 27th, celebrating my 30th birthday! Can’t wait to meet you all!
    neva0427@gmail.com
    -Aven

• 21 Apr 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys, thanks for checking out www.ThePerfectPostcard.com. Safe travels and happy 30th Aven.

• 22 Apr 2012 BenedictaMarisa said

BenedictaMarisa

hi guys!!

For those who will be arrive early on 27th, how about we meet up for drinks and (not expensive dinner) around 8pm? welcome for any idea tho’…

• 22 Apr 2012 ExplorerAwesome said

ExplorerAwesome

Im down. Is there a facebook page for this trip, anyone know??

• 24 Apr 2012 Aven said

Aven

I’m in for dinner and drinks on the 27th! I’ll be there at 10 am that morning. Where would you all like to meet? I’ll be meeting up with Brian at Treve Fountain but we don’t have a time set just yet. I can update you all if you’d like to join. What do you think, Marisa and Jacob; anyone else want to join?

• 24 Apr 2012 Robert said

Robert

That sounds great! I land 9AM the 28th, if anyone would like to meet before the pre-tour!

• 25 Apr 2012 BenedictaMarisa said

BenedictaMarisa

@ Aven: fantastic! I’m game!
    you can update me directly to my email: benedictamarisa@gmail.com.

I’m staying near by Noto Hotel since I’m lazy enough to roaming around with suitcase ;-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion