Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Contrasts 4th June 2012

7 Nov 2011 Kyle Havenstein asked

Kyle Havenstein

Hey guys,
Just wondering if I'm the only one doing European Contrasts on 4th June 2012, it seems everyone is doing the tour on 8th June?

• 10 Jan 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

aww really!! nice lol.. so much more real when u pay for the tour hey :)

• 10 Jan 2012 Sam said

Sam

who is everyone flying with? Im Emirates, going to be such a looooong trip from Melb!

• 10 Jan 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

im with Emirates aswell :) leaving from perth tho

• 11 Jan 2012 Explorer1347058 said

Default_avatar

Haha mark down two more from Perth! South btw! hahaha it going to be a perth escape or reunion one way or the other it seems!

• 12 Jan 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

yay!! even tho ur a southie –_ haha.. join our group :D http://www.facebook.com/groups/222091164530353/ this one is the 4th June group and this one http://www.facebook.com/groups/191726294207557/ is for contikis travelling in June/July.. really good for hints and tips about travelling and such lol

Where bouts down south r u? how old r u? :) so excited i hav found like 22 people now

• 12 Jan 2012 Explorer1347058 said

Default_avatar

Yea sweet! From southern river! I’m 26 and my wife s 25! We are actually doing the contiki for our honeymoon! Haha don’t think we’ll be old n boring were the for the party as well as the sights n experience! Could think of a better way to do it ;)

• 1 Feb 2012 Katee said

Default_avatar

I’m so excited. I’m a southie too!!!! I am in the massive group that is going!!! Started off with two then began a big group. Not all of us went to school together and aren’t all the same age but we are all intertwined with each other- don’t worry we are all there for a good time so not like we all gonna be clicky and shit!! We will get sick of each other Hahah. I am flying in on the 1st of June and not back to Perth till August Yayyyyy!!!

Can’t believe there is so many people from Perth but I bet there is other people around the world who prob have fb etc. Not long to go now. Anyone else doing Spain festivals???

• 1 Feb 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

Yer im soooo glad theres quite a few of us from Perth.. we can all catch up after which will be great :) soo jealous that ur leaving in August, i couldnt get the annual leave plus i wouldnt be able to afford it for that long lol
    Thats good about the big group, at least u will know people when u get there lol r u all flying over at the same time aswell? im getting into London on the 2nd June :)

• 1 Feb 2012 Katee said

Default_avatar

Yes it’s kinda good!!! I didn’t Have any holidays last year so I have 7 weeks paid leave then taken the rest unpaid. I work for the government so it’s good:)

We are all flying different times and different airlines. Some of them haven’t booked. After the tour we are all doing different things really. I just really want my savings to grow and it to be contiki time:))))

• 1 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’re beta testing an online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email. yay, no more stamps. There’s postcards from the places you’re going so I would love to hear your feedback. www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Thanks guys.
    Safe travels!

• 2 Feb 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

7 weeks paid leave!!!! thats sooo good haha i only got 2 coz i didnt hav enough annual leave :(
    i cant believe people havent booked flights yet!!! :O
    who r u flying with? im with emirates, i paid like $2,000 hope i didnt get ripped off haha
    im soo excited only 121 days till i leave :)

• 2 Feb 2012 Katee said

Default_avatar

I know it is really handy:)
    I know well we booked with Air asia ( being cheap) and they cancelled out flights but they are re booking us onto another flight for no extra cost which is good. We don’t have flights home yet As we weren’t sure when we are coming home but now we do. All together I think flights will cost me about $1800-$1900. Flights are not cheap cause of the Olympics hey!!

• 2 Feb 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

aww yer tru hey!! damn air asia haha
    well $1900 is about how much i spent so i think i did good for emirates lol
    so hav u booked ur flight home? lol mine was $2000 return!! is urs just one way? :O
    yer bloody olympics –_’ wish i could see an event though!! :( would totally see gymnastics! :)

• 2 Feb 2012 Katee said

Default_avatar

No no. My one way was $700 but I reckon when I buy my ticket home will total around $1800- $1900. :)

• 3 Feb 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

aww haha wow thats pretty good then hey? :)

• 3 Feb 2012 mabel said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I’m also from Perth (northie) and a friend and I will be going on this tour as well!! So excited! :)
    4 more months to go! I’m surprised there’s a few of us from Perth…gonna be reppin’ over in Europe haha! :P
    Anyways, I’m Mabel, 22 years old. We’re leaving on 30th May with Thai Airways and won’t be back in Perth until 14th July…gonna be stopping over in Phuket on the way back and all our flights came to 2k so not too bad. I joined that group on Facebook so I’ll be seeing you’s all in June :)

• 4 Feb 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

Awesome!! Welcome Mabel :) how exciting, so many from Perth now haha
    There is at least 25 from Australia that i know of haha, we r all gonna be aussies.
    Defiently reppin’ our city haha
    Wow u get a good long stay, then Phuket, so jealous haha.. i have to basically leave Europe straight after the tour :(
    2k thats good for a stop over in Phuket aswell?!!
    Can’t wait for June!! lol

• 2 Apr 2012 Ben said

Ben

Hey All!
    This is amazing I’m from Perth too!… That’s a lie I’m actually from Warrnambool, Victoria. Was born in Perth though… Well, Margaret River, I just want to fit in ok? haha
    Well looks like I’m the ‘Baby’ of the group, 19, never been outside the country; far too keen.
    I’m flying up on May 31 and staying a week after to say the ol’ ‘waddup’ to Spain. Pamplona festival will be on. Run with some big, angry bulls anyone? ha

• 2 Apr 2012 Katee said

Default_avatar

Hey Ben welcome. If u have Facebook add the group:) not long now. There is about 6 of us who are heading to pamps for the festivals…. So we will also see you there. We booked with pp travel:) yes I think you maybe be the baby haha. I’ve only been to Bali so I’m pretty excited to get out there.

• 2 Apr 2012 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

haha ben!! Margaret River is hardly Perth lol, but u tried ;)
    im only 20 lol well i will be 21 by the tour, ur not alone dw haha i havent been out of Australia either :/
    Not doing any other tours after the contrasts, i wont have any money left lol
    Sounds like sooo much fun, im a tad jealous :(
    Yes defs join our group!! YAY!! lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion