Community_discussions_small  

Question

Croatian Island Cruise - Aug 11, 2012 departure

8 Nov 2011 new0212 asked

new0212

Hi All,

Anyone looking to do this tour?
I know a few people that have done it and said it was awesome.
A mate and I have just booked this and can't wait.

I have done a Contiki before that passed through Croatia for a few days and I knew I had to come back!

• 8 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Yep, I am doing a USA tour called the Grand Northern then flying to Croatia a few days afterward for this cruise.

I recently got back from a long Euro tour and Croatia was on my list of places I have to go back to! Dubrovnik was one of my favourite cities! So I can’t wait lol

How about you?

new0212

Yeah hopefully July/Aug comes around quick!
    I was originally looking at doing Greece as well, but opted to stay in the states longer and fly straight to Split just before the cruise starts.

Nah I stay in Croatia for an extra day or two after the tour. It just depends on which cheap/available inter-Euro flights are available as I will be going to London for a week too.

Your plan sounds good, Rome was awesome… Italy as a whole was great.

It wasn’t much more so I decided to get an on/above deck Cabin. Have you booked your’s yet?
    Solo Traveler? There were heaps last time I did Contiki and by the end of it pretty much everyone were good friends!

new0212

Yeah I am booking my flight soon, just shopping around a bit. There’s a phone App called sky scanner which is good for all those little Euro Airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair, Transavia, etc. Hopefully the flights dont change haha, but I assume there would be some alternative if something goes wrong.

You should get a good deal, especially if you’re doing more than one tour. You’re not from Sydney aye? The Expo was just this past weekend here which is why I booked mine this early and got some decent savings.

I think the only probelem with being a solo traveler is getting stuck with a not-so-good room mate haha. Doubt it will be an issue… after all, how much time would you want to spend in your room when there is gonna be so much to do!

I wouldn’t have a clue what boat I am on to be honest, I didn’t even know there were two lol. A mate that’s doing the cruise with me booked his seperately, so I better find out :/ If you find happen to find out for sure if there are 2, let me know… thanks for the heads up though :)

Lol i become such a keeno when talking about the trip!

• 9 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Yeah there’s multi-tour discounts and discounts for return Contiki travelers.

Thanks heaps… My mate and I have already been in contact with the travel agent. Haha would have hated to get half way round the world only to find out we’re not on the same boat lol.

• 9 Nov 2011 Emma said

Emma

I’ve booked this tour!!! Yay more people going :)

• 9 Nov 2011 Emma said

Emma

yep we should all make sure we are on the same boat!! we can be roomies alisha :)

• 9 Nov 2011 Emma said

Emma

YAY!!!! um whats this about above deck? My travel agent didnt tell me anything ? so do you pay more for a better room?

• 9 Nov 2011 Emma said

Emma

Ok cool thanks for letting me know, I’ll check with my travel agent tomorrow and hopefully she’s put me on the above deck and I’ll see if I’m on departure A or B boats and let you know so we can all be on the same boat :)

• 9 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Some Contiki lady on Facebook was able to check what departure I was on for me, takes care of that lol
    Must be a good trip to run two at the same time :)

Yeah there is an accommodation option to be on or above deck for a little bit extra. Sounds like it would be worth it for better views. People I know who have been said the on deck rooms had some good parties haha

• 9 Nov 2011 Emma said

Emma

Thanks yeah I emailed the contiki Facebook aswell to find out which boat I’m on aswell and if I got an above deck room :)

• 13 Nov 2011 Edel said

Edel

Hi everyone… I’ve been planning a trip to Croatia but haven’t had a chance to finalize anything until now. I am a solo traveler as well but I am meeting a friend in Croatia for a week and decided I might as well do the cruising too to make it a longer trip.

Does anyone have any advice or would like to room together? I haven’t book yet but I’m hoping to do it in the next couple of days….

I hope to hear from y’all!

• 18 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Hi Edel, go for on/above deck. Its not much more but apparently it’s well worth it. I’ve heard great things about the trip. Hvae you booked it yet?

Alisha, how did you go… good deal at the expo?

• 20 Nov 2011 Edel said

Edel

Thanks!
    i sent a quote request in just now to make sure they still have an on/above deck available. which one is everyone on? is there a facebook group page for this tour yet? Please let me know!

:)

• 21 Nov 2011 Edel said

Edel

hey alishaaaaaaa….. :D, are you doing the aegan classic cruise before croatia? im thinking about adding it to my trip in case my friend in croatia cant spend more than a couple of days with me…..

• 21 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Yep an FB group will be good, the tour is a definite departure so there should already be a fair few people doing it. Will definitely get a page going soon.
    I got above deck, Edel on departure A.

That’s awesome Alisha, thats $50 more worth of Croatian Kuna to spend haha
    I’m an Aussie, from Sydney… and yourself?
    Nothin fancy behind my name, just my initials and birthday. In hindsight, not so creative lol

• 22 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Lol whoops… I just had a moron moment, haha. My name is Nic btw
    Never been to Perth so I have no basis for comparison… but Sydney is awesome! It’s no Dubrovnik though :)

• 27 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Nice work, Emma

http://www.facebook.com/groups/145604558877742/

• 27 Nov 2011 Emma said

Emma

oh Nick, your too quick! I was just about to post the link on here, thanks :)

• 27 Nov 2011 FirstTimer2012 said

FirstTimer2012

Thinking about adding this to the end of my US trip nxt year too!!

Ahhhh i dont know what to do!

• 27 Nov 2011 Edel said

Edel

Hey everyone!! I’m booked on deck and excited to go! I’ll go check out the FB page :) Cheers!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.