Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
Italian Espresso April 2012
I'll be taking the Italian Espresso tour in April 2012. Is anyone booked for that yet? I'd like to know who my tour mates will be. I'm so excited!!!
- 7 responses so far
I’m going on the 27th April, how about you?
I too am going April 27.
I’m Ashlee, coming from Canada (Winnipeg).
Below are some info for us (ladies) to travel solo there., courtesy from Ms. Lainey (me: thaaaank youuu, Lainey!!!) whom travelled there with Contiki as well.
anyway, don’t be surprised if the hotels there is not what we expected.
1. where do you keep your cash and additional cards while you’re traveling there (alone), i mean while you are sightseeing the city?
~ I puchased a money belt and I wore it underneathe my shirts. My passport, health insurance and other important documentation was also in there. Someone would have to literally lift the front of my shirt and unzip the pouch to take out the money.
I left about 200 EURO in my purse and the rest in my money belt. So if someone were to steal my purse, I’d lose only 200EUROS and my snacks, toilet paper and water. I never left money at the hotel. If I needed more money, I just restocked the money belt in the washroom.
2. when we jump from one city to another city, is the train recommended or bus should be ok? from florence to tuscany.. will public trans. like bus are on time most of the time?
The tour handles it for you, they send you on a bus from florence to tuscany.
3. is it safe a woman alone traveling in ITaly?
yes, especially if you stick to the tourist areas. I felt even more safe than I did in my city. There are police patrolling everywhere (I was in the tourist areas though) so I felt safe.
4. is atm easy to find in any city? or even money changer?
i didn’t see any, but I never looked for any. I carried all of my cash on my body in money belt.
5. will it be good if i carry a ransel / backpack type as a luggage (20kg) as european budget hotels are normally staircase?
Luggage is fine on wheels. All of the hotels had elevators. And it’s easier to wheel to the bus.
6. will it be safe to bring my DSLR camera?, – i will have a day extra earlier in rome before contiki tour start and after Venice(end of trip) i will fly to Milan-
I saw many people on tour bring a DSLR. It’s fine as long as you watch it carefully (but that goes for bringing it anyhwere)
I’m going on the April 27th tour too!
We should make a Facebook page and get to know each other. My friend did that for her tour and she said it was great. Anyone keen?
I’m thinking of going there, but not till June :( you all let me know if you have a good time!
Hey all, I am 21 from Los Angeles and I will be on the april 27th tour :) I think the idea to set up a Facebook page for our tour is excellent! I’d love to “pre-meet” everyone going on this tour! I hope you all are as excited as I am!
About time, but a page for this tour has been created! Contiki Italian Espresso 28 April 2012 on facebook.
Feel free to join!!
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.