Community_discussions_small  

Question

Vienna to Budapest trip worth the cost?

23 Mar 2007 KevinsinEurope asked

Default_avatar
Me and a buddy are thinking about doing the Vienna to Budapest trip July 5. But since it's really only 4 days, not 6 (1st and last days are arrival/departure) it doesn't seem worth $760. Does anyone have experience with this trip to know all that's involved? Thanks!!
  • 23 Mar 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Price alone – that’s pretty costly for what is essentially 3 1/2 actual days (~217$/day) not including the optionals. Also, on such a short tour, you really won’t get to know your group at all. What you would possibly take away from a longer tour, besides for being cheaper on a per day basis, are few close friends and many acquaintances from around the world.

- Vic

• 23 Mar 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

Did you consider doing Berlin to Budapest?I think the Vienna to Budapest trip joins this trip at hte end, and I think is 12 days trip.

• 2 Aug 2007 thomc said

Default_avatar

Does Contiki have other 6 Day tours besides Vieenna – Budapest. I can’t get off work to do a longer trip.

• 2 Aug 2007 Jeremy said

Jeremy

thomc, it appears that in Europe the 7 day or less tours are all one country tours. The only one I saw that is two is a greece/turkey one which by all means sounds cool to me.

• 3 Aug 2007 giiina said

Default_avatar

If you’re going to do the Vienna to Budapest, I would definitely recommend starting in Berlin. The Berlin to Budapest trip is great!

• 6 Aug 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

Scotland, Octoberfest, Spotlight on Greece.

But for a shorter trip like that you might be better off picking two cities you like and plan it yourself, especially if you’re going with a friend.

• 7 Aug 2007 thomc said

Default_avatar

Has anyone done the Vienna/Budapest trip and can share their experience? Thanks

• 8 Aug 2007 lambda84 said

Default_avatar

thomc,

I did the Vienna/Budapest tour in March. We had about 9 of us that joined up. Most of us were traveling around Europe before joining the tour. Our TM was so surprised how well the new people jumped right in. This was my 5th Contiki so I knew what to expect going into it. What you do the first night in Vienna….. go out with everyone & trust me you will meet most of your tour group. Hope this helps you out in some way or form.

• 8 Aug 2007 thomc said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the great advice. My first trip to Europe but do not have alot of time.

• 8 Aug 2007 cat2 said

Default_avatar

i agree with pat5150 as vienna to budapest only cost me 37 euros return and my accomodation was only 50 euros a night in an amazing apartment i think that it’s an expensive trip for what you could easily do on your own, stay in a hostel and meet people to do activities with there….just a thought!

• 29 Aug 2007 tontod said

Default_avatar

I am thinking of signing up for the Vienna/Budapest tour. I would start at Berlin, except for the fact that I went to Berlin and Prague last year by myself. This is my 3rd contiki tour, I’m sure I’ll fit in well with the group.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion