Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Northen America Tour 2012

9 Nov 2011 Explorer1316422 asked

Default_avatar

Hi,

I am looking at doing the Grand Northern 26 day america tour. I will be doing this alone, and am pretty scared to do something this big alone. is there anyone else who is looking at doing this tour next year?

• 9 Nov 2011 new0212 said

new0212

Which month? I am doing it July 6, 2012 with a friend.

I have done a Contiki before and there were lots of solo travelers on it. After only a few days on the tour pretty much everyone were good friends and you couldnt even tell who started the tour on their own.

• 9 Nov 2011 Explorer1316422 said

Default_avatar

I havent decided yet. I see the tours start in May. I was thinking maybe June, depending on how much A/L i will have by then. I am recently single and wanting to do something outrageous and i thought this would be the best thing to do, just worried about going alone, but you have calmed my nerves a little

• 14 Nov 2011 Explorer1289014 said

Default_avatar

I’m hoping to do this trip next yr and will be going solo. I’m looking at the June 29 departure as it fits in nicely with my work holidays.

• 14 Nov 2011 AYE-ME :) said

AYE-ME :)

im doing this tour the 14th september. also flying solo and doing the grand southern 2nd august. gonna be an adventure.

• 17 Nov 2011 LeonNZ88 said

LeonNZ88

im looking at doing this tour either 3rd or 10th of august going solo. but this is only the a small tour straight after my 45day ultimate european :)

• 24 Nov 2011 Christine said

Christine

I’m looking at doing the tour that departs 5th October. I’ll be going solo but I’m not phased. I’ve done a few solo before and you make friends straight away.Heaps of people do these tours solo. You’ll be fine!!

• 4 Jan 2012 Ally_84 said

Default_avatar

Im looking at going Sept 14th 2012. I did a Europe Contiki Tour back in 2009 solo and its the best way to go. You get to see and do whatever YOU want to do!! Plus you meet heaps of cool people along the way.

• 10 Jan 2012 Kell1 said

Kell1

Hey I am booked on this tour for the 6th of July. This will be my second contiki tour going solo. You will make lots of friends. Theres always lots of people going solo on there tours.

• 10 Jan 2012 Explorer1316422 said

Default_avatar

Thanks Everyone. This has really calmed some nerves about going alone. Ive noticed that August/September offer more dates for this trip…..does this mean its a better time of year to go??

• 11 Jan 2012 Kell1 said

Kell1

I think it just means its not sold out yet.

• 11 Jan 2012 Ally_84 said

Default_avatar

That time of year is the shoulder – summer going into winter. Good time to go as summer is peak time and can be quite expensive. Thats prob why there are more dates available as people like to go closer to off peak.

• 13 Jan 2012 JillYGoaT said

JillYGoaT

Im going Aug 3 2012 :D

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.