Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West- Mar 24th - Apr 1st 2012

9 Nov 2011 Toni asked

Toni

Hey all!!
Just wondering who else is going on this tour!!??

• 14 Nov 2011 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Hiya im booked for this tour as well!

• 19 Nov 2011 Toni said

Toni

I haven’t booked yet… But this week is the WEEK Im locking it in couldn’t decide on east or west but west looks like a winner. Glad I know there is someone actually going on this date!.. Btw I’m Toni from Gold Coast and this will be my first Contiki tour if all goes to plan – how about you? better yet have you been to asia before?

• 19 Nov 2011 Steve17 said

Steve17

Just booked on this tour today!! Anyone planning on going to the full moon party after this tour on 6th April??

• 19 Nov 2011 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Heya im paris, from the gold coast too. Traveliing solo. Ive been to bali before but not south east asia, and it was awesome. Im expecting this to be even better though! Im Doing the big indochina beforehand, havent found anyone else going on it yet though haha. Not gonna make the full moon party, gotta come home to go back to work :( lol

paris.cherynne

Oh and yep ive been on contiki before, i did european highlights and greek island hopping last year and it was the time of my life!

Steve17

Hey Paris. I’m Steve. I’m from Toowoomba, but I’m actually a POM and have lived in Australia for 2 and a half years. VERY keen for this contiki tour! I’m also on my holidays but I have another 2 weeks off work after this tour so I plan to go to the full moon party, then wherever the trip takes me. I’ve got 3 weeks there in total and plan to spend most of my money on booze!! Hopefully will find more people on this tour who will join me in doing the same :)

paris.cherynne

I also plan on spending money mostly on drinking, but Ill keep some cash aside for a liver transplant when i get home. Also looking forward to chilling the fuck out. You travelling alone? Last time i went with 5 friends, so im a little but nervous lol

Steve17

Yeah I’m going alone too. Does make you a bit nervous, but I did the same thing going alone when I went to America a year ago and ended up meeting so many people and travelling along with them. Planning to do the same thing in Thailand too. No idea where the 3 weeks will take me. I never heard of contiki til I moved to Australia, and since then I’ve met so many people that have been on these tours and they loved it! So I’m defo keen to see how good these tours are.

• 20 Nov 2011 Toni said

Toni

Im traveling solo as well… I hear its the best way to do it? Cant wait. I ALSO plan on spending my money mostly on drinking, and chilling the fuck out on the amazing beaches… So by the sounds of it awesome group. Just booked today so I’m totally keen for March to hurry up!

• 20 Nov 2011 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Only 4 (ish) months to go!

• 20 Nov 2011 Steve17 said

Steve17

Hey Toni. Yeah travelling alone is definitely the way to go! It’s great to just book your flights and then literally have the freedom to go where you wanna go in-between. It’s good to see that so far we all are keen to party and have a great time and relax in paradise. Hopefully more people will be up for the same thing. Are you continuing your travels after this tour, or are you going back home afterwards too? 4 months will fly by!! Hopefully!

• 23 Nov 2011 Toni said

Toni

Hey Steve, unfortunately I’m only staying for two extra days after the tour and then I have to fly back home for work. Wish I had the chance to stay longer – three weeks like you would be awesome, but I wont have enough damn annual leave saved up… However I plan on making the most of the 2 weeks I do spend in Thailand!

• 28 Nov 2011 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

Hey all, I’m Tim :) Im not going on this tour but going on one in October 2012, doing the Thai Island Hopper West tour. Would love to hear of your experiences and what you recommend to do once you all experience it, so I have some kind of idea what Im in for. Have only done Bali beforehand, so looking forward to doing this tour next year solo. Looks like an absolute blast :)

• 7 Jan 2012 miss_tegan said

miss_tegan

so keen on this tour!

• 7 Jan 2012 Kate Valasis said

Kate Valasis

Hey A-Toni & Paris! This is my first time considering a Contiki tour, a bit nervous going alone, would love the company! Planning on the Thai Island Hopper West also around the end of March. Any suggestions for a new solo traveller? Very excited for this tour! Do any of you guys have a Facebook profile?

Kate Valasis
    South Africa

• 8 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Hey kate, this is my first time travelling solo so i need some of those tips as much as you lol looks like therell be a few of us solo travellers :)

• 8 Jan 2012 Kate Valasis said

Kate Valasis

Hey! Atleast I don’t feel so alone lol! It will be fun either way! Are you taking the 24th or the 31st of March Tours? Looking forward to meeting you guys! And of course, to see Thailand :D

• 8 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

The 24th. Its going to be awesome!

• 8 Jan 2012 Toni said

Toni

Hey Kate this will be my first Contiki tour as well, and also traveling solo… Have no clue what to expect but cant wait!

• 12 Jan 2012 Ax said

Ax

Heya! I’ve booked into this tour too and I’m a solo traveler too :) This is my first contiki trip and am so excited for it :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.