Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Athens tour (JUNE 2012)

9 Nov 2011 Ellie asked

Ellie

Hey guys, I'm thinking of going on the London to Athens tour (23 days) starting 25th June. Still trying to decide between this one and a couple of others. Anyone thinking of going on this tour?

• 11 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

That’s a good time to go, it’ll be nice and hot! I havn’t booked yet, I’m still trying to decide between this one and European escapade… I think I’ll probably end up doing this tour though!

• 11 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

How long is the tour you are booking? The one I’m thinking of is 23 days, if I can save enough though I might try to to the longer one! I’m from England (living in Canada right now), so once the tour is over I think I’ll stay there for a bit.
    Your idea sounds great though, so if I do the same tour as you and have enough money saved I’d love to join!

• 15 Nov 2011 LozzOz said

Default_avatar

Hi Ellie & Blazin,
    Im looking at doing a tour next July an leaning towards this one also. With Greek islands as if traveling that far may as well. What dates are you looking at I was looking at going all July 2012.

• 15 Nov 2011 KenDoll said

KenDoll

Hey there! I just booked my July 20 tour today. So exciting!

Out of the MANY tours I looked at, this looked the most promising for me. What more can you ask for in a European summer?

I’m spending 2 weeks prior in the Uk and an extra couple days in Greece and hoping to island hop any soak up some sun =}

• 15 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

Hey LozzOz,
    I was thinking of going sometime in June through to July. Europe can get really hot, especially Italy and Greece, so going in June will mean it’ll be nice but not so hot that its hard to enjoy! Im still deciding whether to do the 23 day tour or the longer one. Which one are you doing?

• 15 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

Hey Kendoll,
    I havn’t booked mine yet, but I’m still really excited too! Cannot wait to be in Europe!!
    Yes I agree, I like it because you spend a nice amount of time in each place rather than one or 2 in way more countries. Plus it’ll be my first time travelling alone so this tour hopefully will be less overwhelming than others! Im also planning on going to the UK first- I’m English but living in Canada right now. Are you planning on doing the longer tour?

Default_avatar

Hi Ellie an kendoll. I’m thinking maybe the London to athens with Greek island hopping or just the London to Athens. Seems to be a good option as I don’t want to rush. So maybe the 34days. Yeah I was thinking maybe last couple of weeks of june or early July to kick off. I live in Australia so escaping winter is the plan.

• 15 Nov 2011 KenDoll said

KenDoll

Hey ellie, I’m actually heade to world Pride on the 7th in London! Should be very exciting. If you do end up booking that tour or if you’re in the UK sometime when I am, you should definitely give me a buzz seeing as I’m going alone and a nice face would definitely help. :)

Default_avatar

Hey, I’ll be in London before trip an alone also so would be nice to have some people to hang out with. Kendoll what tour did you book?

Default_avatar

Oh sorry my names Lauren :-)

• 15 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

I would LOVE to do the longer tour(34 days), depending on how much I can save ill try and do it! Even if I do end up doing the 23 day tour instead, ill probably book it around the same time as you guys. So we should definitely meet up in London, I can show you around a bit and maybe take you to some places further out? Just talking about it all makes me so excited :)

Default_avatar

Oh wow! What a busy trip you have. I could never take that much leave. I wish boss would kill me.
    Thanks for the offer to show me around Ellie I will take you up on that. I am looking at around that time also although could move back a bit. I don’t mind either June or July to kick off…what’s the best time? At least July i get my tax return ahahaha.

• 16 Nov 2011 LozzOz said

Default_avatar

Maybe I’m not to fussed when ever is the best time, July / august is the coldest months here in auz so keen to escape. Ellie if u do a July one can you do a longer tour? When is best over there? I can be swayed. Blazin & Ken seem to be on the 20th July. Might be the one to choose Ellie?

• 16 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

Wow Blazin, you are definitely going to need some sleep when you get back!! Great plan though, if you’ve got the time may as well try and see as much as you can!
    Lauren, if I was to do the July one it gives me more time to save up. Only thing is, I’m starting uni in september next year, so was hoping to have most of August back in Canada to get all organised etc. But talking with you all makes me want to stay longer haha. About what time is best, Spain, Italy, France and Greece can all get really hot. We’ll be in the cities a lot (more shade), but when it gets really humid too walking around for hours wont be as enjoyable. BUT, I really want to get a nice summer tan while there, so hot weather is perfect! haha

Default_avatar

I know talking to you all is making me so excited. Guys have you both booked the London to Athens + Greek islands start July 20? Ellie if we do that we finish morning of 21, gives you a couple weeks back in Canada. Also I am liking being in auz start of July so I can do tax return and have more money. As silly as that is I wanna shop come Paris :-) wow this is looking awesome I was so worried going alone.

Default_avatar

Blazin, could have arm twisted for a day or two in Ibiza but will have to start back at work Monday 27 august

• 23 Dec 2011 LolaFab said

LolaFab

Hi Ellie and everyone

My friend and I are doing the London to Athens 21 day departing 21 June 2012….we were gonna add Island hopping to it but since my friend knows Greece and is quite clued up we going to be doing the islands ourselves for a few days ..well at least Mykonos and Santorini for sure ;-) should be in London a few days earlier as well so if you around would be cool to meet up then:)

• 19 Jan 2012 Explorer1351369 said

Default_avatar

HEY ALL
    I’m planning to do this trip in july (July 9th) with 5 other of my girlfriends!!! were from montreal!
    what dates are you guys going! we are also planning on staying in Greece to do some island hopping after the tour! (:

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion