Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl 30th August -16th September

10 Nov 2011 duetpod asked

duetpod

I'm booked on to the European Whirl leaving August 30th. I'd love to chat to anyone who might be booked on this tour or thinking of joining. Might be nice to get to know some people beforehand as I'm traveling solo.

• 19 Feb 2012 Tidda said

Tidda

Hey mate im also doing the whirl leaving on the 30th of august.So excited.Im travelling with 2 other mates.We are from Queensland Australia.

• 26 Feb 2012 Chloe said

Default_avatar

Hello, Im also doing the whirl tour leaving on that date. Its my first time overseas and will be doing the tour solo. Im 22 and from Perth, Australia.

• 26 Feb 2012 duetpod said

duetpod

Hey Chloe I’m from Perth as well and you will be fine going on contiki on your own. I did it a few years ago and had an absolute ball . I’m glad everyone else is as excited as I am :)

• 26 Feb 2012 Abuzar said

Abuzar

Hey I am from Abu Dhabi.Me too planning for a 30th Aug EW trip.I have done a a trip to Srilanka & Nepal but it is the first time to Europe and thats solo too. Hopefully everything gonna be alright. Still six months away : )

• 10 May 2012 juliana said

juliana

i’m thinking of booking this trip. 25 from california. i’ve never been overseas. is anyone planning on arriving in london a couple of days before and traveling a bit after the trip. I would love to visit spain!!

• 10 May 2012 juliana said

juliana

i’m confused. is this the same trip departing august 31st?

• 15 May 2012 reena said

Default_avatar

Hi Juliana, I’m also considering this tour but may have to do slightly earlier departure. Live in DC.
    I plan on getting into London for last weekend of Olympics, and would love to get to Spain, Port, Morocco as well. Trying to coordinate meet-up with friends(have friend that is in Paris) though I’d do this tour solo. Hope to get things decided soon, am so ready for this trip!

• 15 May 2012 juliana said

juliana

Hi reena, I put in my deposit for this trip already and bought my flight to London yesterday. I will be arriving in London on August 29th (If anyone else is arriving earlier let me know – i would love to meet up). My plan is to stay in Paris after Switzerland and then head down to Spain and flyback to the States sometime the last week in September. I am definitely looking forward to it! :-)

• 16 May 2012 reena said

Default_avatar

Awesome, I hope I can make this date. You all seem like a great traveling buddies!
    And Juliana, yes I’m afraid I might have to do Spain first before this tour. Afterwards, I’m hopefully onwards to New Zealand.

• 4 Jun 2012 Jade said

Jade

Hey! I’m going on this one!!! I too am travelling solo, I’m from Victoria Australia. Looks like there will be a couple of Aussie’s on this trip!!! I am looking at heading down to Spain too! Eeeek it’s getting close, so excited!!! =D

• 5 Jun 2012 erenineon said

erenineon

Hey! I’m also on this trip! Thought I started on the 28th…but that’s just when I leave Canada. I’ll probably be in London a day or two before we start if anyone wants to meet up and do some exploring! WOO! :)

• 5 Jun 2012 erenineon said

erenineon

I also hope to stay in Europe after the tour ends. Would love to head to Spain if others are going!

• 5 Jun 2012 Jade said

Jade

I am probably going to catch the night train down to Spain after the contiki?!

• 8 Jun 2012 juliana said

juliana

Hi Jade, I’m glad you are joining the tour as well. I am definitely looking into traveling to Spain after Paris. I still haven’t panned out the details yet. What cities are you thinking?

I am arriving in London on Wednesday August 28th. I still have booked a hostel yet. I would love to make it out to the countryside and visit stonehenge. If anyone is arriving in London, I would love to meet up before; let me know. Maybe we can coordinate to stay at the same hostel

• 8 Jun 2012 Jade said

Jade

Awesome =) I was planning on going to Barcelona then making my way along the French an Italian riviera to cinque terre. I arrive in London on either the 27th or 28th, will be staying at the clink or the green man, let me know if those interest you. I am keen to head to the country and Stonehenge with you!

• 12 Jun 2012 juliana said

juliana

Hi Jade, the green man looks fun, haha. Have you made reservations already and are these the cheapest you have found?

I’ve looked into several tours to stonehenge and they look fun, especially one that takes you at sunset. I actually arrive on the 29th.

• 20 Jun 2012 duetpod said

duetpod

Hey guys, I think I’m arriving in London on the 29th Aug not sure what time as haven’t booked my train ticket yet. I’ve got a family wedding in Manchester the weekend before I decided to stay at the royal national as I can’t be bothered running around london in the morning to try and get to it as the bus leaves pretty early on the 30th( going off my last trip with them) So you may want to book somewhere close for the night before at least. After the tour im also staying in London for 3-4 days before heading home can’t take anymore time off work :( So If anyone is hanging in London Id be happy to explore a bit maybe do a tour down to stonehenge and bath .

• 20 Jun 2012 duetpod said

duetpod

Hey guys, I think I’m arriving in London on the 29th Aug not sure what time as haven’t booked my train ticket yet. I’ve got a family wedding in Manchester the weekend before I decided to stay at the royal national as I can’t be bothered running around london in the morning to try and get to it as the bus leaves pretty early on the 30th( going off my last trip with them) So you may want to book somewhere close for the night before at least. After the tour im also staying in London for 3-4 days before heading home can’t take anymore time off work :( So If anyone is hanging in London Id be happy to explore a bit maybe do a tour down to stonehenge and bath .

• 21 Jun 2012 Jade said

Jade

Juliana I haven’t booked yet…

I’ve done a bit of research and it’s recommended to stay at either the royal national hotel (where the pre contiki meeting on the 29th Aug will be) or the generator as it’s a lot easier.
    How much are the stonehenge tours?
    =)

• 22 Jun 2012 juliana said

juliana

These is the cheapest tour of stonehenge I found, which is an afternoon tour. Not really sure if we will have time given the meeting is the 29th. Are we departing on the 30th?
    http://www.premiumtours.co.uk/tours/tour/stonehenge-direct-afternoon-tour.id65.html

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion