Community_discussions_small  

Question

Venice gondala ride(Optional Tour)

12 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 asked

Default_avatar

Hi has anyone done this tour? is it worth doing? will there be cheaper options getting the tour on your own?

cheers

• 17 Nov 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

It is absolutely worth doing!! Venice is amazing because of the canals so you need to see it from this perspective…
    You may be able to get it cheaper yourself but the great thing about contiki is they take away the planning and organisation of these things… so you say you will do it and they do the rest, plus it was fun doing it with a big group and having 6 gondolas in a big convoy, it made the whole experience a lot more fun! Soi would recommned doing the optional.

• 18 Nov 2011 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

I wasn’t really keen on this optional to start with but it was really fun and relaxing. The Guides are amazing and quite funny. Also you must try the Peach wine. I wish i bought a bottle home with me! I would do the Gondola again for sure!

• 24 Nov 2011 Reka803 said

Reka803

Yes, it is worth is so much and they give you but you have to pay for it separately champagne 7 euros right before you go on and 10 euros for wine. The champagne is good. I did Simply Italy with Contiki twice this year. My name is Reka if you have any questions please ask! :)

• 25 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 said

Default_avatar

do you definitely have to buy a drink?

• 25 Nov 2011 Jennieva30 said

Jennieva30

no you dont have to buy a drink but they offer the option if you’d like, on our tour we had people who didnt do the gondola ride and went out on their own and ended up paying almost twice as much as we did for ours so i would deff recommend singing up as an optional if you can. :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.