Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter, July 4th 2012...?

13 Nov 2011 Jamie asked

Jamie

Me and two friends have just booked this, anyone else already booked in too?

• 6 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

I’m going on this tour!! By myself which will be a bit scary so would love to know who else is going on it :)

• 6 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

Oh yay! Someone else is on this tour too! Are you planning on getting to London early too Elle, and what ae your plans after the contiki? We are going Ibiza and Greek island hopping! :)

• 7 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

I’ll be in London 1 day before and 2 days after the tour.. Couldn’t get any longer off work unfortunately!! Sooo jealous you’re going to the Greek Islands!! Will be be in London before? :)

• 7 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

Will be in London the two days before the tour.. Are you staying at the royal national hotel?

• 7 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

I’m staying at the imperial which is apparently about 50m away from the royal national.. i could have stayed at the royal national but i wouldn’t have been able to get a room to myself.. wanted to be close by though because according to a travel agent i spoke to, the tour will probably leave at 6.30/7am!!

• 8 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

Yeah I’m sure I’ll be at one of those too

• 9 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

Yeah probably will be.. Have you been to Europe/overseas before? :)

• 9 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

Yes but I was 9 do it doesn’t count! Haha you?

• 9 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

I went to America 3 or 4 years ago.. That was with family though, so I think this will be a lot more wild :P i’m so excited already, wish it wasn’t 6 months away!!

• 9 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

I know I’m driving everyone nuts with my excitement!!! Well I’m hitting la and Vegas as part of this trip but yeah sounds like we’re both overdue for an overseas trip!!

• 9 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

Haha oh god me too! My friends are sick of it already.. Mostly because they wish they could afford to go :P Maybe ill have to share my excitement with you haha.. Add me to FB if you like, the link is on my profile :)

• 9 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

No worries, done! Hopefully we’ll have more buddies on our trip soon too! Can’t wait to meet! We should def catch up on the day before our trip in London :)

• 10 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

yeah would be awesome if we could know a few more people before.. and i would love to catch up beforehand, will make going by myself seem a lot less scary :P did you say you were coming with 2 friends? both girls?

• 10 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

Well it’s me and my girl friend Joanna, and she is bringing her cousin mark along so another girl and a dude
    :)

• 13 Dec 2011 Elle said

Elle

i think im going to be in london two days before now as it will work out cheaper :)

• 2 Jan 2012 mag_marco said

mag_marco

Hey! I booked for this trip too, it definitely looks like I will be the only non-Australian :P 6 months to gooooo!!!!

• 2 Jan 2012 Jamie said

Jamie

Hi there Marco! :) don’t worry, I’m sure there will be more people from around the world on our trip…. But contiki’s are generally full of mostly Aussies… But don’t worry, we’re a fun bunch! You’ll end up wanting to come to Australia after the trip! 180 days to go!

Where are you from??

• 4 Jan 2012 mag_marco said

mag_marco

Im sure there will be plenty ppl from all over :D so exciting!! Ahhh Australia is definitely on my wishlist after this contiki..

Im from Cape Town, South Africa. doing the tour with my girlfriend, Megan, whom im still trying to teach how to use this site :P So far it looks like we will be staying 2 nights at the royal national hotel in london before the tour starts! Btw, is your check-in option also tripping out on this site or is it still to early to check-in?

• 7 Jan 2012 Jamie said

Jamie

That is pretty cool! That makes 6 of us so far…. I had trouble with the check in too. It wouldnt find me or my name under the booking number… I just came back and tried it again a few weeks later and it worked.

Are you guys staying on in Europe after the tour?

• 11 Jan 2012 Elle said

Elle

yay more people :) my travel agent said the tour will probably be about 40 aussies/new zealanders with the other 10 being from south africa/ canada/ america… and yay now we know more people :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion