Community_discussions_small  

Question

Underwater Camera @ Barrier Reef

13 Nov 2011 dinnerlove asked

dinnerlove

Hey everyone! I'm heading out on the Beaches & Reefs Tour in two months (eep!) and I've been trying to decide if it's worth investing in an underwater camera for the Great Barrier Reef.

After doing a little bit of Amazon research I've learned that underwater cameras are apparently super expensive... plus, I wouldn't really use it too much after my trip. So I was wondering, can you rent you one when you're there or something? I can't imagine NOT having pics of the Great Barrier Reef but it'd be cool not to spend the $$ on a camera I might never use again. Can anyone help?

• 13 Nov 2011 Callan said

Callan

Disposable waterproof camera? then get the pictures developed cheap at a print shop??

• 14 Nov 2011 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

i was thinking that, but i think underwater disposables are only waterproof up to like 10 feet or so. thank you though!

• 15 Nov 2011 Stephen said

Default_avatar

depending on what you want to do. if you want too scuba dive, a underwater case can be up too 400 if you want to just snorkeling then they range any where from 150 to 350 dollars

• 15 Nov 2011 Brian said

Brian

Hi…
    when does your tour start? I am also doing beaches and reefs tour. The one I am doing start on the 8 JAN 2012 and fin at 21 Jan. I was thinking the same thing with a waterproof camera. They are really expensive. I was thinking of borrowing one from somewhere.

brian

• 16 Nov 2011 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

Hey Brian. My tour starts January 21 and ends February 4. I just found out my SCUBA-diving-certified uncle has a whole collection of underwater cameras and he’s going to lend me one. I Can’t WAIT. So soon.

Have an awesome time on your tour!!!

Laura

• 30 Jul 2013 marievvv said

Default_avatar

No risks of sharks?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.