Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt tours do they sell out?

8 Nov 2007 MJ asked

Default_avatar
HOw far in advance should one book a tour of Egypt? I don't want to go until Nov or December of 08. The other possible "problem" is that I will be 36 by that time. Will I still be able to go. We had a guy on my last tour who was 36. How strict is Contiki reguarding this? I think they should give some leeway to people who ahve doen their tours already. Anyone have any ideas on this??
  • 9 Nov 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I went in early March, booked about a month or 6 weeks before and their were only 20 people on the tour. I noticed on the message boards that one of the December tours has over 30 people on it. I would recommend booking as early as possible, but I don’t think they book up in the same way as the regular europe tours.

• 10 Nov 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Thanks Guys. I’m not worried too much about the age of people. Most people think I’m 25 anyways. No one ever gets my right age. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Just wasn’t too sure how contiki dealt with old folks like myslef. LOL I did call contiki and asked a bunch of questions so it doesn’t seem to be a huge problem with my age anyways as far as they are concerned.

The Egypt tours just seem a lot cheaper and the really cheap one in Nov 08 looks like a good plan so far. And it falls under the early bird special as well.

• 10 Nov 2007 monty02 said

Default_avatar

hey melanie,

going on what i know of the late december tour this year, it booked out about mid september. this may help with your planning but it’s difficult to know what might happen next year! re your age, i’ve been on tours before with guys who were older than 36 and i’ve heard of girls being older on other tours as well. you may even find that when you go to book you’re not actually asked how old you are anyway so it could be a moot point.if you’re 36 i’d say you’ll be fine even if they do ask you your age so long as you’re prepared for the fact that many could be 18. my theory is though for the amazing things you’ll be seeing you can handle a week with people of any age!
    monty

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion