Community_discussions_small  

Question

What's available in the Contiki (Europe)Bus?

16 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 asked

Default_avatar

It mentions there's power available for charging. would this be a travel adapter style for all countries? I also read there's toilets on board, is that for all Contiki buses? any TV on board or definitely bring our own entertainment?

• 17 Nov 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

They are european buses, so you need europe plugs or adaptors to charge anything…. they do have toilets on board but are for emergencies only, ie they dont like you using them….
    No tv on board so if you dont sleep on long drives bring your own entertainment!!

• 18 Nov 2011 AlexG said

AlexG

and the toilets are usually if u need to use them for #1’s but u stop every 2-3 hours anyway for a break

• 18 Nov 2011 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

The Power adaptors are european. They do not like you using the toilets unless absolutely necessary. There is no TV so you will need to bring an ipod. My group slept most of the bus trips anyway.

• 20 Nov 2011 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Sleeping after a long night out is def the best way to pass the bus time!! I reckon I did more sleeping in the bus than in any hotel!! :P

the drivers can only empty the toilets at certain stops, we had alot of people who just used the toilets because they were there instead of only emergencies as requested and it ended up that the driver had to lock the toilet up (because it was full) and so there would be a few days where no one could use it at all even for emergencies!!

• 1 Feb 2012 NicoleCooke said

NicoleCooke

did many people bring pillows??

• 1 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Nearly everyone had them, or if they didn’t got some along the way!! Best investment!!!! :D

• 1 Feb 2012 MattyPalmer said

MattyPalmer

Essentials for the bus: Neckpillow, Earplugs and an Eyemask (also really good for using on your flights).

• 1 Feb 2012 european_beauty said

european_beauty

what size suit case can you take?

• 19 Feb 2012 Emma B said

Emma B

a suit case for the bus trip? if you are on the bus for only one day you dont need a lot of stuff. just a small purse/bag…

• 20 Feb 2012 interface2x said

interface2x

Our bus on Simply Italy had TV screens on it. Our tour manager played movies that featured the locations we were about to visit (Under the Tuscan Sun, Gladiator, etc). Aside from those times, the screens weren’t used. I don’t remember seeing any power plugs but I suppose that doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.