Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is Euro accepted in Lucerne and Prague?

16 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 asked

Default_avatar

or it's better to bring local currency?
or better to change from Euro to local currency when in Lucerne and Prague?

• 16 Nov 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I was in Lucerne a few years ago and you could get away with euros in the tourist area. Or just hit the ATM there and take out 20-40 euro worth of cash to pay for any food and drinks for the day.

• 17 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 said

Default_avatar

40 euro will be enough for the day? how’s the cost of living like, eg: one cup of coffee will cost? a pizza will cost?

• 17 Nov 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

The tour I took had an included dinner, so you just needed money for lunch and most people used a credit card for bigger purchases. Drinking at night was expensive though, priced a lot of people out.

• 14 Dec 2011 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

I have just been to Switzerland – Lucerne & Swiss Alps and they do not accept Euros. If your tour goes to Liechtenstein before Lucerene they only accept Swiss Francs as well.. There is a small gift shop / post office near a restaurant which does money exchange at really good rates. We just used Australian money and exchanged it but you will need your passport for this or they will charge an extra fee. They also accept Travellers cheques to exchange too. It can be quite expensive in Switzerland esspecially the swiss Alps. Lunch Up there was around 25 Swiss Francs in Jungfrau. Food at restaurants in Lucerne were around the same price as the other restaurants accross Europe. The food prices are quite expensive in the Swiss Alps.. Also try using all your coins Euros and Swiss Franc as most of the exchange places only take notes – Even in London!

• 14 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I second cdm115’s advice about expensive drinks in Lucerne!!! :)
    I did a tour that went through both of these places for two nights each and I think I took out about the equivelent to AU$200 in both places. If you have left over money you can always convert it back when you get to the next place or when you get home!! But yes definently try and use up your coins as if you have any of them left over they will have to be souvineers as you can’t convert coins back!!

• 16 Feb 2012 kristy said

kristy

prague has Chekz money and you can excange your money there.. but do it at a PROPER exchange place and not by some guy out the fromt giving you a better deal. which turns out to be hungarian money that looks the same as chekz lol.. my friend and i lernt the hard way.

• 3 Apr 2012 Daniel88 said

Default_avatar

Yeh francs and kronar is what youll need. (they make good souvenirs too). I remeber drinks being WAY WAY expensive in Lucerne-pre drinks will be a cost effective way before heading out.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion