Community_discussions_small  

Question

Beaches & Reefs from Sydney to Cairns on Feb. 19th

17 Nov 2011 Mariska asked

Mariska

Who else is going on this tour? And where are you from? Are you travelling alone or with (boy/girl)friend? Are travelling before and/or after? Have you been travelling with Contiki before? Would be really nice to get in contact with some other travellers on the tour!!!

I'm Mariska, 23 years old from The Netherlands. Will be travelling alone for in total 3,5 weeks. First I will go to Hong Kong before arriving in Australia, where I will meet up with friends in Melbourne. I will arrive in Sydney on the 17th before the tour starts on the 19th. Maybe we can hang out with a few in Sydney already!?!? Oh it will be my first Contiki tour, so I hope it's true about what they: "once done a Contiki tour, you will do another one"

• 19 Nov 2011 beckybc said

beckybc

Hey, I’m doing the Aussie Explorer starting Feb 19 in sydney so I think you will be on the same tour as me. Either way, I’ll be in Sydney before the tour starts and I’m looking for people to meet up with! do you have Facebook? Add me if you want and we can chat about Australia! :) beckywalter_28@hotmail.com

• 19 Nov 2011 Mariska said

Mariska

I’ve made a facebook group for those that are going on this tour and want to get in contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/297508860269166/

• 25 Nov 2011 Shaun-OzzyTravel46 said

Shaun-OzzyTravel46

Hi , Im doing the Beaches & Reefs from Sydney to Cairns on Feb. 19th also! Im an Aussie from Perth Western Australia really looking forward to doing a guided tour and seeing parts of Australia ive never seen before. Travelling Solo looking forward to meeting great people and having a great 14 days away from work :)

• 25 Nov 2011 beckybc said

beckybc

Hey that’s great, I think it’s awesome Aussies do the tours in their own country! Join our facebook group! :)

• 28 Nov 2011 Adam said

Adam

I think I’m on this one…How’s it going mates! I’m Adam from New York and this will be my 3rd Contiki. Sept 2010 was European Explorer… 35 days, July 2011 Eastern Escapade in the States… 13 days. I’ll be in Sydney in the evening of Feb 17 and staying an extra 5 days in Australia when the tour ends…is anyone doing the Whit Sunday sailing?

• 28 Nov 2011 Mariska said

Mariska

just join the facebook group I’ve made Adam !!

• 11 Dec 2011 ShaunH said

ShaunH

Hi, I am also thinking of doing this tour.
    I have not done a Contiki tour before and I have not been to Australia before.
    I am from the UK
    I travelled round West USA earlier this year via car from San Fran to LA to Vegas which was a great experience.
    As I have never been to Aus before I thought that going with Contiki would be a great experience especially as I will be travelling solo.
    I am hoping to stay longer afterwards to travel on my own, and maybe work for a bit if I like Aus, which I hope happens.
    Do you know how many people are expected on this trip?
    There is a lot of departure dates in Jan, but this is too soon, so as this is the only one in Feb, I am working towards this date
    Shaun

• 15 Dec 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

hi everybody :)
    i am tara from germany and i am doing the reefs and rainforest tour on 19th february from sydney to cairns and than to the rainforest ;)
    maybe we start all together in sydney could this be?
    would be nice to get already in contact wit you all. Are you in sydney before? and who is doing the sailing?
    see you
    tara

• 17 Dec 2011 beckybc said

beckybc

Hey Tara! You should join our Facebook group! I’m pretty sure we all start together in Sydney :)

• 19 Dec 2011 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

Hey guys! I’m going on this trip too. I’m Laura, from New York, and it’s my 3rd Contiki Tour but my first one alone! So excited!

• 19 Dec 2011 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

Well, apparently there is no way to delete my comment. But anyway, I got the date of my tour wrong, sorry! Have fun though, guys :)

• 31 Jan 2012 Adam said

Adam

Laura…when is your tour dates?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.