Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sending Mail From Rome??

20 Feb 2007 Twila1 asked

Default_avatar
I've heard that sanding mail from Rome is absloutely a bad idea. Is this true? is it really that bad? And if it is, where in Italy do you reccomment sending mail from?

Thanks!
  • 20 Feb 2007 Dominique10 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I heard that sending mail in Italy was also a bad Idea and that the best Place to send mail was from the Vatican.

• 20 Feb 2007 megsalex112 said

megsalex112

Why would is it a bad idea to send mail from Rome?? Maybe I am missing something?!
    Megs

• 20 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

All my postcards mailed all over Europe reached their final destinations. I wouldn’t worry.

- Vic

• 21 Feb 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

I heard that the italian postal system isnt exactly reliable when posting from there overseas. Megs – thats the point things go missing!

But Vatican City is more reliable.

I havent had experience with either but this is what i have heard.

• 21 Feb 2007 Dominique10 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by megsalex112:
    Why would is it a bad idea to send mail from Rome?? Maybe I am missing something?!
    Megs

The Italian postal system is lamely slow. That’s why

• 21 Feb 2007 Twila1 said

Default_avatar

thanks all!

• 23 Feb 2007 Amy said

Default_avatar

i would definately recommend sending mail from vatican city. i sent postcards from there and they made it to the US very quickly…i have heard that sending if otherwise from Rome may take some time. your best bet is to see the lovely views of Rome from the top of St. Peter’s Basilica and mail some postcards while you’re there. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Amy:
    … your best bet is to see the lovely views of Rome from the top of St. Peter’s Basilica and mail some postcards while you’re there. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I think the post office is on the ground floor … last time i checked. (hehehe)

• 25 Feb 2007 lmn_82 said

Default_avatar

hey

i just completed the European Discovery tour and was told that postage was expensive (approximately 40 euros in geremany for 3kg back to australia). If this is any help at all.

In vatican city the post office is on the top floor before the spiral ramp you walk down ot get out.

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

what I meant was that the post office is not at the top of St. Peter’s Basilica (sarcastically speaking). Infact, it’s not in St. Peter Basilica at all.

#34: http://www.vatican.va/news_services/press/documentazion…ttà%20del%20Vaticano

• 25 Feb 2007 Amy said

Default_avatar

the post office may not be up there, however you can buy stamps from the gift shop and mail them from there. i did that two summers ago

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.