Community_discussions_small  

Question

Vietnam Experience Jan 11th 2012

18 Nov 2011 travelbug11 asked

Default_avatar

• 27 Nov 2011 Explorer1316254 said

Explorer1316254

Hey all, I have signed up for this tour as well, looking forward to meeting everyone! Staying an extra night before the tour and a few afterwards as well, still looking into some extra stuff to do after the tour, any ideas? :)

• 29 Nov 2011 Explorer1326343 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    My name is Chris, I have just booked this trip. This is my first time overseas and I’m heading off by myself. Def gettin excited bout it!!

• 30 Nov 2011 travelbug11 said

Default_avatar

• 30 Nov 2011 Shelli said

Default_avatar

Hey all,
    I’m Shelli and I’m joining this tour!! Yay!!! Im doing the Asian Adventure starting on xmas day and spending a few days in Ho Chi Mihn after it finishes and before this one begins. Where are you all from?? Aus???

• 30 Nov 2011 Explorer1326343 said

Default_avatar

hey guys,
    yeh im headin in a day early, not sure where my accom is for that night… unfortunately am flying out the day the tour ends. im from adelaide…

• 30 Nov 2011 travelbug11 said

Default_avatar

Hi Shelli!
    Oh awesome. We’re doing the Asian Adventure after this one (25 Jan). We’re all from Perth :)
    Staying at the Viet Dong the day before contiki starts!

• 1 Dec 2011 Shelli said

Default_avatar

Argh awesome!! I’ll have to give you a heads up on the all hot spots Premila!! Getting very excited.. starting to panick a little tho as I only booked on Tues so I’m struggling to get my head around the whole thing- can see myself forgetting alot of stuff!!! Oh well all part of the adventure. Have you guys done contiki before??

• 3 Dec 2011 travelbug11 said

Default_avatar

Haha definitely part of the adventure!! We’re trying to get all these shots organised – there are so many! Never done contiki before but have a few friends that have and they loved it! Have you done any of the contiki tours anywhere?

• 4 Dec 2011 Shelli said

Default_avatar

Yes I’m off to get all of my shots tomorrow…and do as much shopping as I can!! I did a contiki around Europe last year for my 21st and had an absolute ball- was for a 27 days and we all had the best time so Im super super excited about this one! might have to call on this forum for a bit of help with the packing- are you guys taking bags or suit cases??

• 6 Dec 2011 travelbug11 said

Default_avatar

• 20 Dec 2011 sarah28 said

sarah28

Hi all!
    So glad I’ve finally been able to find other people on this tour!
    Getting excited, less than three weeks to go (it’s my first time on contiki)
    I’m travelling with my boyfriend (who is also a first time traveller) and we r staying a few night before hand in ho chi mihn before the tour starts and fly out the day after it finsihes.
    We r both from Melbourne, Australia :)
    Any hints on what to pack and what type of bags to take (especially daypacks/backpacks) would be great!!

• 6 Jan 2012 Bec & sarah said

Bec & sarah

Hi everyone,
    My name is Bec and my friend Sarah and I are on this tour. We are really excited and just getting everything organised at the moment. Thinking of taking a suitcase as well!

• 6 Jan 2012 Shelli said

Default_avatar

Yay more peeps!!! I’m just on my last day of my tour- its hugely depressing!!! Will be good to have a few days to chill before our next one starts- and I’m super pumped to meet more amazing people. Ladies I’ve just survived 14 days with a suit case- my only advice would be to bring the bare minimum and make sure u have a tshirt for the temples- singlets n short shorts aren’t allowed in some. Some people brought backpacks and swear by them but I’m glad I didn’t go and rush out to buy one just for the trip. An oversized handbag for the day bag should be ok as well. Sarah I’ll be in hcm for 4 days before the tour so we should meet up closer to the tour for some drinks.

• 6 Jan 2012 Explorer1316254 said

Explorer1316254

Hi all
    Im looking forward to starting the tour, I am also arriving a day early so it would be great to have a pre meet up if anyone is keen perhaps at the hotel bar if they have one, the night before the tour. Im taking a backpack and smaller day pack but plan to buy most of my cloths over there i think. Shelli is right, take as little over as possible : )
    Look forward to meeting everyone.
    Cheers
    Nick

• 7 Jan 2012 travelbug11 said

Default_avatar

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.