Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia - 12 Aug 12

19 Nov 2011 Lauren asked

Lauren

Hey, just curious who else is booked on this tour?

• 9 Jan 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

Hey, I’ve just booked this tour. Where are you from?

• 9 Jan 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

I’m going too!

• 14 Jan 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey, I’m from Sydney, Australia. How about you guys?

• 15 Jan 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Oh nice, I have an old friend down there. I’m from Los Angeles, California. (Technically Redondo Beach, but I’ll keep it simple.)

• 15 Jan 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

I’m from a place just outside of London :) are you guys ending in Helsinki or Stockholm?

• 15 Jan 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

I’ll be ending in Stockholm. I really wanted to go over to Helsinki, but if my trip is any longer, I’ll be dropped from my classes back home :(

So what made you guys choose Scandinavia?

• 18 Jan 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

Oh right, I’m hending in Helsinki. I’ve always wanted to go to Sweden so I thought I’d do the rest of Scandinavia too :) You?
    Are you starting in Berlin?

• 18 Jan 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Sounds good :) My ancestry hails from Norway, so I thought it’d be a good way to see the land of my people. Plus I’ve had a sudden fascination with Vikings lately.

Yep, I’ll be starting out in Berlin.

• 22 Jan 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey, I’ll be starting in Copenhagen because I’m visiting a friend there first and then ending in Stockholm. So many reasons to go to Scandinavia. Have wanted to go for ages (from watching the Olympics and Eurovison – don’t judge me – when i was younger) :) :) Currently most excited about going to Legoland in Denmark. But the polar plunge sounds sooo awesome too

Will be great to meet you guys :)

• 24 Jan 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hi Joseph, are you staying an extra night in Stockholm after the tour ends or going straight home? Looking at my options and i cant decide

• 24 Jan 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hi Joseph, are you staying an extra night in Stockholm after the tour ends or going straight home? Looking at my options and i cant decide

• 24 Jan 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Agreed! I can’t wait to meet all of my tripmates. I think we’re going to have a lot of fun together.

Almost all of my favorite bands come from Scandinavia too, so I’m excited about that.

I may stay an extra night in Stockholm, I haven’t decided yet either. It all depends on my school schedule, which I wont know until the end of March. I’ll look into it tonight, see if I can coordinate something…

Have you been to Legoland in the United States?

• 30 Jan 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

I finally got an answer from my school rep. I won’t be able to spend an extra night in Stockholm :(

• 30 Jan 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Hey guys!! I haven’t booked just yet but am planning on booking this week to do this one and the Russia part as well!!! I’m Jen and live about 2 and a half hours out of Melbourne Australia!! Can’t wait for this contiki to start!! Have wanted to go to Scandinavia for ages!!! :D

Joseph

Hi Jen! Welcome to the forum. Are you going to be starting out in Berlin as well?

• 30 Jan 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Hey Joseph!! Yep I’m starting in Berlin!! I went there on Contiki just over 12 months ago but feel like I missed so many things so will be trying to cram some sightseeing in before and after the tour (as I finish in Berlin too)! Hoping to arrive in Berlin on the 10th so will see how jetlag hits me first lol!! :) When are you heading over?!? Is this going to be your first adventure over to Europe?!?!

Joseph

Excellent :) I’ll be arriving in Berlin the morning of the 11th. This is my first tour with Contiki, but I’ve been to Europe before, back in 2008. So far I’ve traveled through England, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, South Korea, Turks and Caicos, Mexico, and Kauai. I have a feeling Scandinavia is going to be my most memorable trip!

• 31 Jan 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey guys, that’s fair enough, I found an awesome hostel at Stockholm airport – in an old plane. Soooo cool :)
    Haven’t been to america yet but the Danish Legoland is the original so a good place to start. I really want to get to Disneyland in LA eventually. Btw Welcome to the forum Jen :)

• 1 Feb 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

Welcome aboard Jen :) Maybe if most of us are starting in Berlin we can meet up on the 11th before the trip starts.

• 1 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Oh you’ve been to lots of cool places Joseph!!! I agree, Scandinavia will be amazing!! I’ve heard so many great things about it!!! :) And there is a Legoland? Why have I not found this already?!?! How awesome!!
    Thanks Lauren and Lucy!!!!! Oh the plane hostel does sound like a really cool hostel! are you going to stay there Lauren??
    Sounds like a good plan Lucy!! I’ll be staying at the starting hostel before and after the tour!! It looks really nice actually!!!
    PS I booked in today so am officially in!!!! :D

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.