Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia - 12 Aug 12

19 Nov 2011 Lauren asked

Lauren

Hey, just curious who else is booked on this tour?

• 20 Feb 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

Joseph & Jen, Have you booked your flights to Berlin yet? Do you know what time you’re arriving?

• 20 Feb 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

I haven’t booked yet, but I’ll arriving sometime in the morning.

How about you?

• 20 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Yep I booked my flights this weekend! All going well, I should be arriving in Berlin on Friday the 10th around 4pm!! How about you Lucy?

LucyHx

Oh cool :) noo, I haven’t booked it yet but the flights I’m looking at I’ll arrive about 9 or 10am.
    4pm – hope your jet lag isn’t too bad

LucyHx

Which airport do you land at?

Jen_au

hehehe last time I went I arrived at 5 am in london and that was a killer because then I had to stay awake all day!! (plus the Contiki basement wasn’t open yet so I had to walk around with luggage for a few hours :( ) I thought I’d give arriving at the end of the day a go and see if I fare better :)

Jen_au

Oh I’m actually not 100% sure which airport I land at, should probably figure that out so I know how to get to the Plus Hostel!! I have a feeling it might be the new one they’re building in Berlin but as I have a connecting flight from Munich maybe it wont be….I must go have a look!! Have you flown into Berlin before??

LucyHx

No I haven’t flown there. I think my flight lands at the new airport too!
    Are you going to try and work out the trains?

• 20 Feb 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Got a question- When I arrive in Berlin is there someone from Contiki that’s gonna meet me, or do I have to find the rendezvous point on my own?

• 21 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Yeah Lucy I think I’m just going to work out the trains. There is a good looking app for iOS for the Berlin subway that I downloaded. A friend of mine used it in Berlin and said it was great! It’s just called Berlin Subway. There are directions in the back of the Contiki brouchure on how to get there too!
    I’m pretty sure you have to get to the hostel yourself Joseph. Unless it’s different because you’re from the US? In the past I’ve seen some tours are different for Americans (the start date is a bit ealier because it includes flights etc) so maybe worth checking with Contiki???

• 21 Feb 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

I think you have to make your own way there. I went on Contiki last year and some people I went travelling with were told by their travel agent that someone from Contiki would meet them at the airport, but they didnt. So they missed the coach to Amsterdam and had to pay for their own flights to come out and meet us.
    Oh cool, thanks for the tip. Not sure if I’m brave enough to work out the trains, have to see closer to the time :)

• 21 Feb 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Oh wow. Thanks for the info :) Guess I’ll have to brush up on my German just to be safe!

I’m sure the trains are fine in Berlin… When I was in South Korea there were professionals whose only job was to literally push more people onto the trains. That was nuts! And everyone smelled like garlic and kimchi lol

• 26 Feb 2012 James said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys! I just booked this trip. I am ending in Helsinki. I was reading your converstation about getting out of the airport, it is pretty easy. I did the Eastern Road Contiki trip a couple of years back and flew into Berlin from Munich and taking public transit was simple. Depending on which airport you land in though you may need to take the bus as well as the train.

• 27 Feb 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Hey James, welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

• 27 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Hey James!!! Welcome to the forum!! :) Oh that’s a relief about the trains lol!! :D Are you doing anything else in Europe apart from this trip?!? Counting down the days yet?!

• 27 Feb 2012 James said

Default_avatar

Thanks! I am from Toronto. I am really looking forward to this trip I have heard that these countries are beautiful. Not doing anything else in Europe because of work, but I am getting to Berlin on the 10th and I am spending an extra day in Helsinki at the end as well.

• 27 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Oh that’s awesome James!! Yay our group is pretty spread out around the world lol!!! :) I was watching a part of the American amazing race the other night and they were in Norway, it looked soooo amazing!! Made me pretty excited to get over there and see it all for myself!!!

• 2 Mar 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

I’ve booked my flight and land at 9am in Berlin :)

• 3 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Yay that’s great Lucy!! Lots of time to explore Berlin pre tour then!! :) Are you arriving on the friday or saturday??

• 3 Mar 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

On the Saturday, but still plenty of time to explore Berlin. What are you planning on doing there?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion