Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia - 12 Aug 12

19 Nov 2011 Lauren asked

Lauren

Hey, just curious who else is booked on this tour?

• 4 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I think I’m gonna go spend some time at the East Side gallery as it’s so close to the hostel! I saw it on my last contiki but we were only there for about half an hour so didn’t actually see the whole thing!!! Not too sure what else, I’ll have to do some searching around in the next few months!!! What are you planning on seeing?!?!?!

• 12 Mar 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

I’ve never seen the East Side gallery, mind if I tag along with you? :)

My travel agent hasn’t sent me all of the official documents yet, so I’m not sure which hostels we’ll be staying in. So it’s kind of difficult for me to plan little side trips right now…

• 14 Mar 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

Ah cool Jen, that sounds good! No I haven’t thought about what to do in Berlin yet! I will have to get reasearching over the next couple of months :)

• 15 Mar 2012 Melli said

Melli

Hey guys. Lucy told me that here’s a gourp. ^^ I’ve posted the picture of our tour on the facebook page of contiki. so here i am ;)

To answer to some questions. I’m from Germany, I’m 20 till the tour starts and I was just courious to go to scandinavia cause it’s said that the landscape is soo beautiful. And I didn’t know where to go in Scandinavia, what’s the most beautiful part and so I descided to have a look at whole scandinavia.
    There’s also another german girl on the tour.

• 15 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Sounds like a plan Joseph!!! :) Did your travel agent book you into the starting hostel?? If so, that’s the PLUS Berlin Hostel http://www.plushostels.com/plusberlin (at least that’s what the back of the brochure says, I hope they don’t change it as I booked in here because of it lol!!)
    Hi Melli welcome to the group!! :) Where in Germany do you come from? I can’t wait to see the landscapes of Scandinavia either, particularly Norway!!!

• 15 Mar 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Oh sweet! Yeah I think my agent did. In any case that place looks awesome! It’s going to be interesting staying in the different hostels now that I work as a consultant for the hotel industry. I’m sure it’s going to give me a fresh perspective on how business should be run :) Anyways, I feel like I’m missing out on some critical info, do you have a brochure you can e-mail me? If not, no worries.

Hallo Melli, willkommen im Forum!

• 17 Mar 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Welcome to the forum Melli and James!! So awesome we have such a mixed group…only 5 months to go now :D

• 17 Mar 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Welcome Melli and James!!

• 17 Mar 2012 Melli said

Melli

Oh Joseph-you speak german? Cool!
    I’m from a small town 50 km from Frankfurt. Do you know in which hotel the tour will start? At the US Tour there was one hotel where almost all groupmembers stayed in.
    I’m really looking forward to the trip to nothcap. =)

Which nationalities do we have by now? English, australian, american, german…and?

• 18 Mar 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey Melli, my best friend’s family is from germany so her mum taught us a little but I can’t speak it properly. I really want to learn it but haven’t had a chance so would be awesome if you could teach me some more on the trip :D

Joseph, where do you work? I’ve worked for tour wholesalers for the last 4 years and service and policies vary a fair bit between countries. I deal with suppliers in Europe, North American as well as Japan, NZ and Aus and it’s all different. You’re not working for ATI are you? We used to use them for the USA hotels.

• 18 Mar 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Melli – Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch, aber ich lerne :)

Lauren – That sounds like a fun job! I work primarily as a subcontractor for Interstate Hotels and Resorts. Some of my assignments have been at The Hollywood Heights Hotel (now the Hilton Garden Inn), and The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites. Haven’t done any work for ATI though…

• 18 Mar 2012 Melli said

Melli

Thats really cool. Of cause Lauren we can learn some german together. :) I think the most difficult things in our language are the 3 genders and the sounds like “ch” ^^
    ..Well I study speachtherapy, so your in good hands =P

Lauren, where do they come from your best friends family?

How long will you guys stay in Berlin befor the trip starts?

• 18 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Joseph – here is the link to the Australian brouchure, I’m not sure if its the same as what you’d get in the states (the prices etc) but I guess the hotel information would be the same (it’s right on the last few pages of the brouchure.) http://issuu.com/contiki.holidays/docs/ebrochure_summereurope_1112_aud?mode=embed&layout=http%3A//skin.issuu.com/v/light/layout.xml&showFlipBtn=true If that doesn’t work try selecting it from here: http://www.contiki.com/brochures
    Melli – Ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen, aber mein grammatik sind nicht so gut. lol!! :) I find that after a few drinks my German gets better (or at least I think so lol). I agree about the genders being the hardest to learn though, I find putting the sentences in the right order a bit tricky too!! :) The starting hotel is the PLUS Berlin Hostel, http://www.plushostels.com/ . Much cheaper to organise yourself rather than through Contiki as well!! I arrive late on the Friday afternoon before the tour starts.
    Yay for 5 months to go!!! :)

• 18 Mar 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Thanks Jen! That was a huge help!!

• 19 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

No worries!! :)

• 19 Mar 2012 Melli said

Melli

Thanks for the hostels link. :)

• 19 Mar 2012 Melli said

Melli

Thanks for the hostels link :)

• 20 Mar 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Hey everyone! I’m going to book my flight within the next couple of days. Just wondering which airport you’ll be arriving in for Berlin and which airport you’ll be departing from in Stockholm. My guess is BER for Berlin and ARN for Stockholm. What do you guys think?

• 20 Mar 2012 LucyHx said

LucyHx

Yeaaa I fly into BER at 9am on the Saturday :)

• 20 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I’m flying into BER too. I’m pretty sure that that’s the one they are building to make the major airport for Berlin? I think it’s supposed to be finished about June from memory?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.