Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia - 12 Aug 12

19 Nov 2011 Lauren asked

Lauren

Hey, just curious who else is booked on this tour?

• 16 Apr 2012 Beth said

Beth

I just booked my plane ticket today! I can’t wait either – I’ve got a countdown clock running on my computer :)

• 16 Apr 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Good deal :) You wouldn’t happen to be flying out of EWR on United Airlines? That’d be funny if we had the same flight.

• 16 Apr 2012 Beth said

Beth

Nope, I’m flying from JFK to Reykjavik on Aug. 4, then Reykjavik to Berlin on the 10th.

• 16 Apr 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Oh that’s right, I forgot you were going to Iceland. Say hi to Bjork for me! Lol

• 16 Apr 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Yay how exciting Beth and Joseph!! :)
    I’ve got this app called “ticker” which does a countdown until what ever date you set. I have 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days to wait until I fly out! :S can’t come quickly enough!!!!!!

• 17 Apr 2012 Mitch said

Mitch

Hey everyone
    Bad news guys, my mate Brad who was going to be coming with me has bailed :(
    Owell, I’ll be rollin solo, but wouldnt miss this for the world!

• 17 Apr 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Oh noes!! He’s gonna be shattered when he hears how much of an awesome time you have!!! At least you wont be the only person travelling solo!!!! :)

• 18 Apr 2012 Amy said

Amy

Hi everyone! I’ve booked this trip starting in Berlin and ending in Warsaw. I’m also doing the Eastern Road trip before this one. I’m so looking forward to this and can’t wait to meet you all!
    Hey Jen, I’ve found the facebook group and requested to join.

• 18 Apr 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

HI Amy!! I added you into the group!!! Welcome aboard!! yay for more people going on through the Russia part as well, i was starting to think it might be a lonely drive with everyone else bailing in Stockholm or Helsinki!! :) where are you from Amy?? Ohh Eastern road tour looks awesome too!! Have you traveled before??

• 18 Apr 2012 Amy said

Amy

Thanks! I’m glad there’s someone going to Russia too.
    I’m from Adelaide, South Australia. I’ve traveled before but it was back in 2008. So I’m ready to go again! I did separate tours through the UK, western/southern Europe and Egypt.
    This time I really wanted to go back and visit all the places I missed in Europe the first time. Can’t wait!

• 18 Apr 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Hey Amy! Welcome to the forum! Looks like you’re in good company, we’ve got a lot of Aussies going on this trip :)

• 19 Apr 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Oh that’s awesome you’ll nearly have the whole continient ticked off after these couple then!!! :) Not long left to wait now…….:)

• 19 Apr 2012 Francesco said

Francesco

Hallo everybody! Booked my trip starting in Kopenhagen a while ago and just found the community. At the end of the trip I got myself a few days to stay in Helsinki so I can explore a bit more of Finland. Oh and I’m from Switzerland.

• 20 Apr 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Welcome Amy and Francesco!!! woohoo! finally someone starting with me in Copenhagen :D

• 20 Apr 2012 Melli said

Melli

Hi Amy, Hi Francesco.
    Francesco- which Part of Switzerland are you from, which mother tongue do you have? Thats really cool in switzerland ^^

• 21 Apr 2012 Francesco said

Francesco

Lauren – Yeah i will arrive in Copenhagen quite late at 20:25. The travel agency told me it’s fine though.

Melli – Well I’m Italian, but meanwhile i speak much better German since I live right at the border to Germany :D

• 21 Apr 2012 Francesco said

Francesco

Lauren – Yeah i will arrive in Copenhagen quite late at 20:25. The travel agency told me it’s fine though.

Melli – Well I’m Italian, but meanwhile i speak much better German since I live right at the border to Germany :D

• 22 Apr 2012 Melli said

Melli

I love that internationality of contiki tours. Cool!

• 22 Apr 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Welcome Francesco!!! :) Yay I agree Melli, love it when there are lots of different nationalities on Contiki!! :)

• 25 Apr 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Hi Francesco! Willkommen!

By the way, which side excursions is everyone planning on taking? I’m curious to see who’s doing what :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.