Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European plus Greek Islands

25 Sep 2010 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson
Hi all,

I am going to be doing this with a departure date of May 1 2011 hopefully.

Just wondering if anyone has done it? I will be 33 at the time and hoping I am not considered an oldie???

It's not my first time travelling but havent left the country since 2008 so a little rusty on costings etc.

I was gonna allow about $50/day aus over and above whats already paid for. This is to cover food, entry to places and booze, any thoughts on whether this sounds reasonable. I don't buy souvenirs or much else.

Any help would be much appreciated

Jase
  • 17 Nov 2010 canadian girl said

canadian girl

Hi,

I did this tour summer of 2009. Age doesn’t matter, my tour had both age limits in it and everyone got alone fine and just enjoy the tour and being in Europe!
    I would say you need at least 50euro a day saved. I went with an average of 70euro and I was fine, had one or two drinks but that was it. It also depends on how much you drink as alcohol is not cheap over there. So if you are a big drinker I would even go for 100 euro a day.
    There will be some days when you will spend more then that and then there will be days where you hardly spending anything or nothing at all as you are traveling on the bus most of the day.

Hope that helped.

• 18 Nov 2010 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hiya Canadian girl, thanks heaps for your help…cant wait…Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Sep 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

I just added another blog too about how I survived 4 nights camping in England at a Music Festival http://bit.ly/nAb1dF

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion