Community_discussions_small  

Question

is soya millk provided for breakfast meals?

22 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 asked

Default_avatar

because I can't take cow's milk

• 22 Nov 2011 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Make sure you let contiki know when you book and they’ll try and accommodate! Depending on where you are you might be ok but some countries aren’t really up with special meal requirements; for example, a vegetarian on our tour was given a massive plate of chicken in Venice at the hotel dinner!! If it helps, I remember that the hotel we stayed in Switzerland had goats milk instead of cow’s!!! :D

• 22 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 said

Default_avatar

oh dear…..what did the vegetarian do in that case? can you ask for a change or just simply bad luck, forgo your dinner ?

• 22 Nov 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Just make sure you tell contiki and they will make sure there is food you can eat. On my tour there were vegetarians, lactose intolerant and gluten free. They always had food they could eat and were often given something different then what the group was eating if they couldnt eat it.

• 23 Nov 2011 Explorer1309231 said

Default_avatar

do you tell Contiki at the start of the tour or even before the tour commence ?

• 23 Nov 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

It might be best to tell them before so they can add it to your booking and then remind your tour manager at the start of your tour.

• 24 Nov 2011 Jen_au said

Jen_au

She did tell them and they ended up bringing out a plate of cheese!! It was actually pretty funny and makes for a good story (she was laughing as hard as the rest of us!!)

Just so you know though, this was definitely the exception to the rule, this was the only time I’ve seen anything like this and I’ve done 3 separate contikis totaling about 52 days!! :P just be aware there may be one or two hotels that just don’t have anything other than cows milk!!! Europe isn’t so up with dietary requirements!! :P On the other hand though, if you’re doing a hostel/concept tour I’m pretty sure when you stay at campsites, they are run by contiki anyway so I’d think they would have both types of milk!?!? Lactose intolerance isn’t that rare nowadays! I agree with Kelsey, tell them when booking and also at your pre departure meeting!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion