Community_discussions_small  

Question

eKit - comes with travel doc??

28 May 2008 Julia asked

Default_avatar
i've received my travel doc...but i cannot find my eKit....does the eKit come with the travel doc for everyone from different countries? i'm from Hong Kong =)

cheers,
julia
  • 3 Jun 2008 Julia said

Default_avatar

thanks matti…i’ve rechecked everything in my travel kit…i didn’t get it…what should i do? do you think i can get another one for free at the basement during the departure meeting?

i’ll also contact my local travel agency and see what’s going on…but i doubt they hv an idea…

thanks,
    julia

• 3 Jun 2008 Julia said

Default_avatar

oh really? hahah…thanks for the clarification then =)

• 3 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by benji:
    I just got my package today! (YAY!)

I laugh at the “Ekit”…I was expecting an actual “kit” of somesort…it’s just one little piece of paper that you can fold up and stick in your wallet.

Hi benji

Just to clarify this further – how is the ekit used? I had assumed it would be like a phone card that you put in phone boxes (we do in Aus anyway) and it would have credit on it…

Thanks!

• 4 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Cool, thanks heaps for explaining that! I’ve looked on teh website heaps but nothing was a clear as your explanation.

1 month left for you hey… have fun!

• 4 Jun 2008 Julia said

Default_avatar

thanks everyone for the clarification.

benji mentioned about the “unique” number printed on my card…but i didn’t get my card at all…is that alrite? will i be able to get that “unique” number later when i meet with the contiki crew? thanks!!!

cheers,
    julia

• 5 Jun 2008 Ang said

Default_avatar

yeah, the card will have a unique number on it – it’s not something that’s already been designated to you, it’s just for the card. does that make sense? it’s like an account number. if you sign up to pay for more minutes, you can change it to be something you’ll remember – usually they’ll suggest something similar to your mobile number so you can remember it. the only thing that pissed me off using it in europe was i only seemed to be able to add money in US dollars. it didn’t make much sense to me, but the aussie dollar was strong enuf against the greenback i didn’t care too much…except when i got home and realised i’d been hit with extra fees on my credit card. oh well.

• 19 May 2009 Mel said

Mel

so it comes in your travel docs with money already on it and once you use that you can buy more?? is that right
    i thought you got it and if you wanted to use it at all you had to put money on it!
    how many free minutes do you get

by the way if its different for each country.. im in australia Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion