Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scenic Southern (Anti-Clock wise) 29th Dec!!!

22 Nov 2011 Explorer1260018 asked

Default_avatar

Just checked in for my 1st contiki trip :)

Who else is joining me on this tour?

I arrive on xmas day in christchurch, just wondering if anyone else is staying at
Bealey's Hotel beforehand?

Casey :)

• 22 Nov 2011 Johnny_G said

Johnny_G

Hey Casey!

Are you referring to the trip that says it leaves Dec 26 and gets back on Jan 5? If so, I will be joining you! I am a 1st time contiki-er as well but won’t be arriving at Bealey’s until the 28th!

Johnny

• 23 Nov 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

Hey Johnny,

Yeah the trip from 29th dec – 4th jan :)
    Yay at least i know most ppl will start arriving around the 28th.
    Will be great to meet up with everyone and have a fantastic week.
    Are you planning on doing many of the optional activities?

• 23 Nov 2011 Johnny_G said

Johnny_G

Casey,

I’m definitely planning on doing some optional activities!
    I’m not exactly sure of which ones yet, but I think once I get out there I’ll have a better idea! Queenstown has sooo many options for us to choose from that I’m trying to narrow it down. So far, I think bungying is at the top of my list! How about you?!

Johnny

• 23 Nov 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

Hey Johnny,

Bungy is totally on top of my list as well, as long as i dont chicken out btwn here n queenstown lol but ive been wanting to do it for awhile. not really sure about what else yet, was just going to play it by ear. theres too many options for queenstown its going to b hard to decide. so r u travelling solo or with some mates?

• 23 Nov 2011 Johnny_G said

Johnny_G

I am traveling solo!

• 22 Dec 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

Getting keen!!!

• 22 Dec 2011 Johnny_G said

Johnny_G

I think I fly in a little before noon, and then will be over there as soon as I get my bags and a cab over :) So pumped…

• 22 Dec 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

Hey Jordyn, i actually arrrive at Bealeys late xmas night so ill already be there. Johnny, maybe look into the super shuttle thats what ive booked to get to the hotel maybe a little cheaper than a cab :) See you in a couple of days, Merry Xmas!!

Johnny_G

Definitely, good looking out!

Johnny_G

I’m from Los Angeles, California. A world away… And yourself?

• 23 Dec 2011 Johnny_G said

Johnny_G

I’m 26. And yes, I’m traveling solo and pretty excited about it :) I just joined that facebook group you posted! I feel guilty being a part of it and not being on the grand adventurer, but if we’re going to cross paths I’m sure it’s worth it!

• 23 Dec 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

I’m 20 and from Brisbane Australia :) and travellng solo as well. I looked at your fb group but didnt join as i also felt guilty but maybe your right and we will be with you to start, i wouldnt have a clue.

Default_avatar

dont know if yous heard but there was another earthquake in christchurch today :(

Default_avatar
    • you have heard

Default_avatar

apparently not mich damage but they closed the airport i think its reopen now though. we’ll just have to keep an eye out.

• 23 Dec 2011 Explorer1337098 said

Default_avatar

Craigievar Castle is located near Alford, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Craigievar Castle is famous for it’s fairy tale appearance, which is accented by the surrounding Grampian Mountains.
    http://www.zimbio.com/Radialabs+Instant+Wrinkle+Reducer/articles/O92fy8z6l4b/Instant+Wrinkle+Repair+System+Review+Buy

• 26 Dec 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

chilling out in our hotel by myself atm :) wahoo. not much around here to do.

• 26 Dec 2011 Johnny_G said

Johnny_G

How is the hotel!? Have you met anyone from our group yet!?

• 27 Dec 2011 Explorer1295932 said

Default_avatar

Not very long to go now! … me and my friend are off to nz tomorrow morning, anyone staying at the Bealeys Hotel? Looking forward to meeting you all !!! :)

ps. I don’t think we will be with the grand explorer guys, I think they will be joined by the Scenic Southern (Clock wise) group.

• 27 Dec 2011 Explorer1260018 said

Default_avatar

no, no one from our group is here yet. though there is another group here atm who leave in the morning for wellington. they are pretty roudy :) when u get here im chilling in room 808 come say hi :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion