Community_discussions_small  

Question

18, too young for contiki?

22 Nov 2011 Ellie asked

Ellie

I've been reading lots of reviews to try to get a better understanding of what to expect, and most have been really really useful. But I havn't read very many reviews written by 18 year olds. I also read a review from a parent who thought his son (18) was way too young. I'm giong to be going on one of the tours next year, but I'm worried that I'll be one of the youngest there! Comments would be much appreciated :)

• 23 Nov 2011 Nicholaso8 said

Nicholaso8

Well contiki tours have the age bracket of 18-30 so people won’t really be younger than you, but I am sure that won’t be much of a problem, age isn’t a major factor when making friends on the tour, it will not be like high school with all the judgement involved, in other words, you will be fine!

• 24 Nov 2011 Brigette said

Brigette

Hey Ellie,
    Im also 18 and doing a contiki in June ..
    The average age seems to be about 24 , but i dont see that the age bracket should be much of a problem :))

• 24 Nov 2011 Jen_au said

Jen_au

It depends on you!! I read that review from the parent as well and I think that that kid wasn’t really making any effort at all and probably would have had the same experience if he was 25. I’ve been on contikis with 18 year olds in the past and they have been fine and had just as big of a blast as the rest of us!!!! :D but yes you probably will be on of the youngest!

• 24 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

Thanks guys, your comments have helped!
    Brigette, that makes me feel better that there are other 18 year olds going on tours :) what tour are you doing?
    Jen au, I think you’re right. I was worried after reading the dad’s review, but like you said, it was probably more to do with the fact that the son wasn’t making an effort etc.!

• 24 Nov 2011 Brigette said

Brigette

Im doing the European Whirl :) soo excited !!
    Have you booked your tour??

• 24 Nov 2011 Dave_f6 said

Default_avatar

your better off travelling young anyway!

• 25 Nov 2011 Kerri said

Default_avatar

Heya, I went on the Greek Island Hopping tour 4 days after I turned 18. I had the best time, and everyone looked out for me. I was the baby of the group considering the next eldest was 19 and my roomie especially made sure I did my first shots and all the things you should be doing :) I definitely recommend doing it while you’re 18 regardless of the fact that you will most likely be the youngest. In fact I’ve already booked my next tour for while I’ll be 18 as well

• 25 Nov 2011 Explorer1324471 said

Explorer1324471

Enjoy travelling and thumbs up!

• 26 Nov 2011 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

No one really cares about someone’s age on tour as long as you make an effort to get to know everyone in your group everyone you will have a wonderful time. If you don’t drink still make the effort to go out… Everyone always looks out for each other on their nights out..

• 27 Nov 2011 Ellie said

Ellie

Well have fun Brigette, I’m excited too and I hav’nt even booked mine yet haha but I really can’t wait!
    Kez-ma-nez, that makes me so much better, I’m turning 18 tomorrow, so I’ll be an older 18 when I go :)
    Explorer 1307236, that’s also good, I’m hoping that there will be a couple of people my age. I’m sure it won’t be bad if there isn’t though. I really can’t wait!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion