Community_discussions_small  

Question

New York Uncovered 26/6/12 anyone?

24 Nov 2011 Riaz85 asked

Default_avatar

Ive already put a deposit down for this trip'; it's my first time doing a Contiki and first time to New York.'I'm travelling alone... lil apprehensive but excited!

• 25 Nov 2011 Sammyt said

Default_avatar

Hey Riaz! I am thinking about going to America at that time! Good for you for putting a deposit down! You will be less likely to change your mind! lol Have you been to the USA before? I am scared shitless but want to do a working holiday for a year around America

• 25 Nov 2011 Riaz85 said

Default_avatar

Hey Sammy,
    Hahhaha thats exactly why i put a deposit, no turning back and thats the way i want it. I have been to l.a and vegas last year with a couple of mates but this time i really wanna see new york. My mates already went this year but i started a really good job so i didnt wanna be irresponsible and the other day i just thought screw it, im gonna do contiki and do it on my own. I have a friend who lives in San Diego so I am meeting her after and doing abit of America with her aswell. I admire you for wanting to do a working holiday in a different country, Í’m 26 and im considering doing that, i wish i did it earlier but its not too late. Dont be scared, youll meet people and going overseas is life changing. I love America and u will to. You should go.. you live once and do it while you can; it’ll be summer and i’ve heard from many people that New York is there favourite destination so theres alot to look forward to!.. Hope your sold lol.

• 27 Nov 2011 Sammyt said

Default_avatar

I have been talking to a few people about doing a working holiday and everyone has told me not too! Apparently no one can get work in America at the moment :S Have you heard anything?

• 27 Nov 2011 Riaz85 said

Default_avatar

Given the global financial crisis, it wouldnt suprise me. There should be jobs in the hospitality industry but either way you should go to America and check it out. Its hard to get certain work anywhere in the world at the moment. I am not too farmiliar with professional working life in America at the moment but I do know its a great place to visit and check out the scenes while you there.

• 19 Dec 2011 Kiki28 said

Kiki28

i am thinking about doing the trip the same time….its my bday that week and i think it would be a fantastic way to spend it!

traveling along isnt as bad as it seems. i did the simply italy trip this past fall and it was a blast..you will meet lots of ppl :)

• 23 May 2012 Rachelle said

Rachelle

hi!i am also doing a contiki tour for the first time plus im also going on new york uncovered !i already paid my flight ticket i still have to pay for my tour!im really excited i always wanted to travel to new york ,ill be going to ny from the 15th of july until the 28th though.Its not a long trip but at least ill be there !I never been to america so im a little bit nervous but can not wait !!

• 27 May 2012 :)Priyani said

:)Priyani

hey guys! i am also going on this tour and i am also going alone!! its my first time travelling alone and im soo excited. im doing the grand northern tour after this too!

• 27 May 2012 :)Priyani said

:)Priyani

im also doing a contiki for the first time and like you Riaz, I am also travelling alone! im pretty excited to meet up with everyone. when does your flight arrive?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.