Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing Scandi and Russia in July?

27 Nov 2011 Focus84 asked

Focus84

I am considering doing the scandi and russia trip in July 2012. Just wanting to see if anyone out there has done the trip or is planning on going on the trip?

• 4 Dec 2011 Anna said

Anna

Hey iv booked this contiki for the 22 of July. also doing the ultimate european a couple days after this one has finished! its my first contiki and i’m traveling solo. would definitely like to hear some feedback on this one

• 2 Jan 2012 carajean said

carajean

I am doing the russia start stockholm july 19! I will be traveling alone

• 3 Jan 2012 Emily said

Emily

I’ve booked this trip for June 17 – July 12!

• 15 Jan 2012 alyece said

alyece

Hi! I have booked in the 1st of July. Then doing two other contikis afterwards :)

• 3 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

I’m on the 22nd July one and I’ll have been in Europe for a couple of months by then. I’m a solo traveller.

• 9 Feb 2012 Krista said

Krista

I’m thinking about doing the Russia tour this summer but i’m concerned that it looks like SOOOOO much time on the Coach, does anyone know anyone who has done this?I really want to go but it looks as though you’ll spend more time on the bus than seeing anything. What was your opinion of the length of time on coach, too much?

• 14 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I’m going in August on this one and am very excited!!! Krista I don’t think it looks like any more time on the coach than any other Europe Contiki tour?? Some of the distances look closer infact (though I guess the map can be decieving) especially on the Scandi part and considering there are a lot of activities that are in between sleeping points, I think that it will have shorter travel times!! I have a friend who did this tour about 10 years ago and he said the biggest travel days were getting up to Nordkapp as it used to be a driving thing but Contiki fly up there now so should be sweet!

• 17 Feb 2012 JohnW said

JohnW

I just booked Russia (Start Stockholm) departing on July 12. Statistically July is supposed to the warmest month, a least for the data I looked at on Moscow, so this start date seemed like the most logical choice.

• 8 Mar 2012 a.wachowicz said

a.wachowicz

hey joshw, you will be on the same tour alyece and i are also on, but we starting in berlin for the whole tour. look forward to meeting ya

• 9 Mar 2012 JohnW said

JohnW

X

• 9 Mar 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I wanna do this tour some time. maybe next year…

• 11 Mar 2012 RyanM said

RyanM

Hey gang! My best bud and I have just booked Scandinavia & Russia July 1st departure! We’re spending some time in Amsterdam and Hamburg before arriving in Berlin to start the tour. After the tour, we’re visiting Krakow and Prague before we head home. Facebook group is a great idea, I’ll be checking that frequently! Excited!

• 16 Mar 2012 Sam_Iam said

Sam_Iam

Hey,
    I’m going on the scandi and russia july 1st tour.
    I can’t wait for it…
    I’m spending time in iceland before hand then heading to prague a week or so after.
    Krista, most tours have a lot of time on the bus. i did the ultimate european a few years back and the drivers had to stop every 2 hours so you do get some time out of the bus.
    Cheers

• 25 Mar 2012 rhiannonb said

Default_avatar

Hiya,
    Anna and Nicole, myself and a friend are booked in for the same tour as you – 22nd July Scandinavia and Russia. Perhaps we should set up a facebook group too? What do you think?

• 26 Mar 2012 Anna said

Anna

Hey rhiannon! yeah a facebook group for july 22 would be awesome.

• 26 Mar 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Yeah go for it! :D
    I think you need to invite someone to start a group, and none of you are on my facebook so would you and your friend mind setting it up Rhiannon?

• 26 Mar 2012 rhiannonb said

Default_avatar

It is done – the link is http://www.facebook.com/groups/245041395591751/
    I hope that will allow you to join the group – never made a group on Facebook before :-)

• 24 Jun 2012 Clare said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m going on the 22nd July Scandinavia and Russia trip too! I’m a solo traveller from Ireland

• 5 Feb 2013 Dawzy09 said

Dawzy09

Hey everyone I have booked the Scandi and Russia Plus tour and am in the proccess of getting my russian visa. I was hoping anyone could help me out, I am Australian and just freaked out a little cause i have 2 weeks left and just had a look and aparently I still need a visa for Belarus. Can anyone tell me if this is correct, that i need to do it before hand or is it a border visa??? Please help =S

• 6 Feb 2013 a.wachowicz said

a.wachowicz

Dawzy09. You have to arrange your russian visa before you go. (i did mine through visa link). And your belarus visa you get on the tour. ( you will need a passport photo and US CURRENCY). The tour manager arranges it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.