Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
Top 5 things to do in Amsterdam...
Hey everyone, I'll be heading to Amsterdam next year during the summer for a few days on my lonesome before my Contiki tour.
I was wondering what everyone's Top 5 Things To do in Amsterdam were. Thanks... I'll be looking forward to reading what ppl have to say!!
- 6 responses so far
– Hunt around for the iamsterdam sign…..we had alot of fun on the local tram system finding this!!!
– Chill out at a coffee shop…even if you don’t want to smoke, it is still a unique experience
– Visit the red light district! If you’re on your own, maybe through the day time (I don’t think I’d like to wander it on my lonesome). Our Contiki group went and saw a sex show there too which was a very unique experience!! Probably wouldn’t go on my own though to be totally honest!!!! :D
– Eat up some yummy Dutch food! Poffetjes are little pancakes with icing sugar and lemon and are to die for!!! The beef croquets are also amazing!!! ( I am a little biased because I have Dutch heritage, my mum and oma used to make these alot when I was younger!!!) on a side note, McDonalds over there has a great McCroquet burger which is pretty good after a big night….just saying!!
– Check out Anne Frank’s house. It is a truely amazing place and is so interesting and sad!!!
Unfortunately I was only there for one day on contiki so didn’t have much time for anything else. A lot of people went of to the Heineken Museum which was apparently quite good!! Would have been cool to ride a bike around a bit but there just wasn’t really the time! will def be going back sometime in the future to tick a few more things off the list!!!
Thanks! I’ll be there for 3 days so definately want to fit some bike riding in. And thanks for the tip on the red light district – I’m a bit aprehensive going there on my own, hopefully it’ll be alright during the day??!
Yeah I’d think so through the day!!! Just dont take any photos…..Sort of common sense considering what’s there but I’ve heard stories of the ladies chasing tourists down and throwing their cameras into the dykes!! :P
I’ve got a great guide to Amsterdam at http://insydetravel.info with plenty of good things to do in Amsterdam.
Thanks, great website you’ve got going on there!
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.