Community_discussions_small  

Question

Simply Italy April 8th 2012

1 Dec 2011 Nicole asked

Nicole

Hi all,

I've just booked this trip, anyone else on it? I'm from Australia and a solo traveller. This will be my first of a few tours though I'll be in Ireland the week before.

• 17 Dec 2011 Explorer1334491 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I’m booked on the Simply Italy tour on this date too! I’m also a solo traveller from NSW Australia :) Looking forward to it!!! Where abouts in Aus are you from?

• 17 Dec 2011 Nicole said

Nicole

I’m from Melbourne, 24 and a girl. You?

• 17 Dec 2011 Explorer1334491 said

Default_avatar

Currently in the south coast of NSW, 27, and a girl. Going to Europe for a holiday before I come back and get a real job…

• 22 Dec 2011 Explorer1334491 said

Default_avatar

Have you thought much about what you are going to pack? I know its still a while away, but I’m worried that the weather will be potentially relatively cold which will lead to lots of layering and overpacking on my part…

• 22 Dec 2011 Nicole said

Nicole

I went over with family a couple of years ago during February and yeah, I think be prepared for cold, even though it won’t be winter, and layering is definitely a good idea.

I’d definitely recommend having something that can cut out the wind and rain that you can just layer everything else under, and at least one really warm jacket. Shirts and things like that we’ll have an easier time buying over there than a good jacket I think.

I’m looking at the ‘what do you wish you’d known’ topic right now and there seems to be some good advice.
    http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/8411-what-do-you-wish-youd-known?page=22

• 27 Jan 2012 Explorer1334491 said

Default_avatar

Its getting closer now :) I’m starting to write lists of things I need to pack and little things I need to buy. Getting excited.

• 4 Mar 2012 explorer001 said

Default_avatar

Hello travel-mates! I have also signed up for this tour. I will be going with my husband and this is our honeymoon! :)

Anyway, I was thinking of going for some outlet shopping in Florence (think is day 5 of the tour? on the 12th of April), might rent a car and try to find my way there.. is anyone else interested to join me?

Joleen from Singapore

• 12 Mar 2012 Explorer1334491 said

Default_avatar

Hey Joleen, this is Victoria. Thanks for the offer, but I’m thinking I would like to just spend time wandering around the cities a bit rather than specific shopping time. Its getting very close :) Looking forward to meeting everyone

• 21 Mar 2012 Shane21 said

Shane21

Hey I look forward to meeting everyone soon! I hope this is one heck of an awesome trip, from the reviews it looks amazing in Italy!

• 21 Mar 2012 Tony said

Tony

Hello Everyone

From Miami, Florida and I just purchased my ticket today!!! I’m excited to tour Italy with a great group of people. Less than 2 weeks away from having a great time!!!

see you soon

Shane21

Hey Tony, great to meet you! I am from South Bend, Indiana. I am supper excited about this trip to.

• 21 Mar 2012 Tony said

Tony

Looking forward to this trip as well Shane. From what i’ve read Italy is going to be awesome!!! Hopefully there’s a lot of girls in our group lol..

Shane21

Yes I am hoping so to Tony, So who all are drinkers that are going? From what I was told by my aunt that has been before. She said wine is the cheepest drink, instead of pop or water.

Shane21

or some people here call it soda.

• 26 Mar 2012 Shane21 said

Shane21

Hey Everyone, we have 12 days to go till our Simply Italy tour, I cant wait. I would love to hear what you all are thinking and if anyone has plans to hit up some of the clubs over their.

• 26 Mar 2012 bas_tour said

bas_tour

Hi everyone! I’m Brian from Austin, Texas and looking forward to meeting all of you. Not much of a wine drinker (beer is usually my default alcohol) however I’m looking forward to changing that :) Love history, art, and relaxation.

From what I’ve read, it’s better to go restaurants/clubs/bars NOT picked out by Contiki. Can any Contiki veterans confirm this? Anyway, sounds like its going to be fun 2 weeks!

• 26 Mar 2012 Shane21 said

Shane21

Hey Brian nice to meet you as well, I am a beer drinker as well. But I am going to have to try many different wines while I am there.

• 27 Mar 2012 bas_tour said

bas_tour

Thanks for sharing that travel tip thread Nicole. Forgot about the hand sanitizer…

• 27 Mar 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

No problem. I got in to Ireland today, forgot my hair brush, whoops! So tired, it took 25 hours.
    I drink, but it’s generally more the ‘social drinks in a bar with friends’ thing, than ‘getting smashed at a club’ thing.

• 27 Mar 2012 bas_tour said

bas_tour

Same here Nicole. I don’t like getting hammered for no reason (although I don’t know what “reasonably hammered” would be.)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 2 years

This question was posted about over 2 years ago. It has been discussed 25 times and liked 1 time.

6 people are following this discussion.

• Nicole
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Shane21
  • Tony
  • bas_tour

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.