Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the Bay 13th of June 2012

5 Dec 2011 jaimienicole asked

jaimienicole

I just booked myself into this trip and I'm so super keen. I may have a friend also coming with me, but I'm new to contiki and thought I would see if anyone else is also going on this trip! Even if anyone has done this trip before and has any tips/tricks I would love to hear it.
I'm Australian and it's my first time to the USA! :D

• 16 Jan 2012 blakkat23 said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    I haven’t booked yet (will in the next few days) but I’m planning on going on this one! Never thought I’d go on an organised tour but now that I’m travelling alone it seems like the best option. Are you staying in LA beforehand or San Francisco afterwards? I’m planning on spending a few days in LA, probably arriving on the 8th of June, and going to Disneyland and doing some general sightseeing, and then I’m in San Francisco for over a week before I fly to New York!
    I’m from Brisbane, and I went to the US when I was 12. So looking forward to going again!!!

Kat

• 16 Jan 2012 blakkat23 said

Default_avatar

Oh and my cousin went on the Wild Western in October last year I think, which goes the same route as LA to the Bay, just continues onto LA again, and she loved it – in fact she said she wouldn’t have minded ending in San Francisco because the few days spent getting back to LA apparently weren’t as good as the rest of the trip!
    She said that some of the optionals were really good – like the Grand Canyon bike ride which I can’t wait for! Not to mention the Jeep Tour and Hot Air Balloon ride… So excited :D

Kat

• 16 Jan 2012 jaimienicole said

jaimienicole

Hey Kat!
    So I arrive on the 8th of June to LA and am there for a few days before the tour (also so keen to go to disneyland!) and then after the tour i’m in San Fran for about 4 days before i fly to New York for 5 days. Sounds like we have a very similar plan. I’m from Melbourne, yay for aussies!
    So excited for this trip though, June could not come fast enough!

Jaimie

• 25 Jan 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Hi guys,

I’ve booked to go on the LA to the Bay tour on the 6th June 2012. It covers 2 bank holidays in the UK so I was able to get extra time off work!! Me and my friend are starting in LA on the 2nd June so we can explore before the tour starts. We’re staying in Hollywood. What dates are you all getting into LA?

LA to the bay gets rave reviews so i’m really looking forward to it!

• 4 Feb 2012 Jac said

Jac

Hi Guys,

I’m doing this tour as the Wild Western. I’m also getting into LA on June 8th to spend a couple of days exploring before the tour. Disneyland is something I really want to do but not on my own so would be keen to go along with you guys if we can organise something. Oh and I’m another Aussie from Tassie :)

Jac

• 5 Feb 2012 jaimienicole said

jaimienicole

i’m so excited for disneyland, but would definitely be interested in some company :) can’t wait for this trip.

• 11 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’ve just started an online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email and we’re trying to get the word out. We have postcards for the places you’re going so please spread the word around your tour. Thanks guys and safe travels!
    www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Pete

• 14 Feb 2012 Brandon said

Brandon

Yeah my mate and I have also booked for this contiki tour, we are from Melbourne where are you guys from?

• 14 Feb 2012 Explorer1307323 said

Default_avatar

It’s great place for holidays.

website worth calculator

Brandon

Yeah should def be a good trip, how old are you guys? My mate and are 22
    Looking forward to partying hope you don’t mind a drink

Brandon

Yeah its our first contiki, we are heading up on the 25th of may and doing a boat cruise down to mexico for a week then travelling around a bit then end up in L.A. on the 11th of June to relax before the contiki. When you heading over? I’m looking forward to VEGASSS!

Brandon

Yeah we still have to book a hotel in L.A. for the 2 nights before it. Yeah America isn’t to far away for you guys makes it a lot easier. It will be winter here so when we go through phoenix it will be sooo hot! and we have a long bus ride haha. Do you know how many people there are in a tour?

• 14 Feb 2012 jaimienicole said

jaimienicole

i’m from melbourne and i’ll be 21 by the time the trip begins!

• 15 Feb 2012 Brandon said

Brandon

Yeah American rules suck you have to be 21 to go out over there, at least you will be 21 and can party!

• 17 Feb 2012 RAAD said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,
    I am also booked on this tour and it is my first Contiki. I feel a bit nervous because I am doing it alone but I like to make new friends so that should be fun. Right now I am not quite sure if I can arrive to LA on the 12th because my summer classes finish on the 13th so I might join you guys in San Diego on the 13th. Oh I forgot to mention that I am 25 m and I am international student doing my Masters in the sunshine state of FL. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

• 18 Feb 2012 Kelseyellen said

Default_avatar

My best friend and i were booked into the 6th of june la to the bay and when they couldnt confirm a definate departure we got on to this one! I’ll be 21 next week and she’ll be 22 whrn we are in NY!
    Cant wait to have the time of our lives with you all and i hope you’re ready for us melbourne girls to show you how its done ;) haha

• 18 Feb 2012 Brandon said

Brandon

Melbourne girls? we are from Melbourne to my mate and I, hope you girls are up for drinking? You going to America earlier or arriving on the tour date? Should be nice and warm in America while the others are freezing in Melbournes crap weather.

• 18 Feb 2012 Kelseyellen said

Default_avatar

Thats why we’re going in june i hate the cold weather! And yes melbourne girls! We’re flying out may 30th we fly in NY and we spend a week there, then off to Anaheim for five nights then the contiki hotel for two nights then contiki and then san fran for two nights! When do you fly out?
    And i promise we are some serious drinkers!! How old is everyone you’ve spoken to?

Brandon

We leave Melbourne on 25th of May we have a boat cruise to Mexico for a week and flying around to my grandparents for a few nights and have time in New York as well. You will have to tell us good places to go, your going to be there before us. We are in NYC on the 3rd n 4th of June. Only spoken to a few people they are 21 and a couple a few years older, my mate and i are both 22. Yeah we still have to book a few hotels or our trip we might end up staying at the contiki hotel beforehand, we are staying at the contiki hotel in SFO.

Brandon

Agreed, if you start one let me know?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion