Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Solo Travellers to the US in 2008

2 Jul 2007 HD1712 said

HD1712
Hey guys and girls,

Thought i would post this and see if there are people out there planning on going to the US in 2008, or have been in 2007 would love to find out all the information i can get.
Cheers
Heather
I'm going in March
  • 3 Jul 2007 Darren said

Default_avatar

Hi Heather,
    I’m thinking about going on a tour next year to the Usa, I haven’t done an contiki tour yet. I have been to the Usa/Canada twice in 97 & 05 & had a really great time.
    I you want to know anything my email is nswblue@hotmail.com

• 4 Jul 2007 HD1712 said

HD1712

Hi there,

Nice to know someone else is planning on trip over to the states as well lol…
    I’m booked to go in March and totally looking forward to it.
    So you have been before? Love to know anything you have got to share. Which areas have u been too?
    my email is had_1977@hotmail.com
    cheers
    Heather

• 13 Jul 2007 steve said

Default_avatar

hi Heather,yeah im going to the usa/canada next May ive been to usa before and really had a fun time,but i could be going by my self this time,scary,haha,anyway which tour are you going on

• 13 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

First off, before I say anything, just want to make it clear, I’m not going on your trip.

However, I live in New York, so feel free to ask me questions ( I am not looking to meet women so dont worry )

Brian
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ’02-’03

• 13 Jul 2007 steve said

Default_avatar

Hey Brian how are u going,just wanted to ask you do you know a place in New Jersey called six flags i want to go there and spend the day how far from NYC is it,and what would be the best way for me to go there
    cheers stephen

Default_avatar

Yes six flags great adventure is very well known. it’s about 2 hours from NYC. You could probably get a bus from Port Authority which is located in Times Square. You could look up their schedules by doing a google search for Port Authority buses or greyhound buses.

• 13 Jul 2007 Suzanne said

Default_avatar

hi,

im planning on going to USA in 2008, not sure exactly when. i would like to do the best of USA and hawaii tours and maybe spend a few extra days in New York. just gotta start saving now!!!

Default_avatar

Suzanne,
    As a New Yorker I’ll have to recommend you coming here. What me biased, never!!!!
    Other places in States I recommend are Los Angeles, Vegas, Orlando, Boston & Nashville.

Anything else you’d like to know, just ask.
    Brian
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ’02-’03

• 13 Jul 2007 HD1712 said

HD1712

Hi all,

Nice read about others going over to the states in 08 even if it’s not in March when i will be there. I’m all booked got the airfares now just gotta pay it all off hehe…

• 14 Jul 2007 Suzanne said

Default_avatar

brian,

Thanks! I definatly want to go to New York and LA. i have been to orlando before, did the whole disney world thing but would like to go to miami but think i will save that for another time!
    how far is boston from New York? wouldnt mind going there, i love the accent! and where is nashville? havent really heard much about there.
    thanks,
    Suzanne

• 14 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Suzanne,
    Boston’s 4 hours from New York. You can get there via bus from the Port Authority in Times Suare or by Amtrak train in Penn Station.
    It’s very quaint and has many universities in a close radius of each other.
    Nashville is in Tennessee and is the home of country music. You’ve got longes with people playing music all day, the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Grand Oprey, Ryman Auditorium, Opry Mills Mall and Opreyland which is an amazing hotel which has a manmade canal with boat rides on it.

Brian

• 15 Jul 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

For NYC to Boston I would also look into flying, a couple airlines have shuttle service from NY to Boston that’s cheap, easier and faster (even with security).

Amtrak is close to $100 each way for acela service, which is 3 hours and 40 minutes. Regional service is about $60 to $80 each way and is 4 hours and about 10 minutes depending on the stops. Amtrak also isn’t known for it’s on-time performance record.

You can get flights for like $160 to $!70 round trip and each flight is just over an hour and there are a lot more flight time choices then train time choices. If you do this, I would suggest LaGuardia airport over JFK as it’s a little easier to get to from the city (I recently took a bus shuttle thing for $12 one way and it took about 20-25 minutes to get to the airport from Grand Central).

• 16 Jul 2007 HD1712 said

HD1712

mmmmmm did this link just get hoodwinked by what to do in US of A instead of who’s going… lol

• 19 Jul 2007 Andee1982 said

Default_avatar

I’m also planning on going to the US in 2008…if anyone wants to add me on MSN, please feel free to do so —> Andee1982@aol.com

• 28 Jul 2007 said

Default_avatar

I plan to travel to the USA in Mar/Apr in 2008 doing the southern adventure tour. I am waiting on dates for the rodeo in Dallas before I book my tour. I shall be going alone. Yeh bit worried but better now than never. If anyone has done the tour and been to the rodeo, could they let me know what time of year that they went. Ta

• 28 Jul 2007 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Crowgirl:
    mmmmmm did this link just get hoodwinked by what to do in US of A instead of who’s going… lol

I hope you have found what you want. I hope I can get the same information that I want. Enjoy your hol

• 10 Aug 2007 Nina said

Default_avatar

Hiya

I did the Grand Southern. The Southern Adventurer and the Grand Southern are the smame except that the Southern Adventurer ends in New Orleans; while the Grand Southern ends in New York.

My point…. Did the rodeo in June/ July. It was stunning. You are also given the option of either having the barbeque or not. I chose the barbeque… it really added to the ambience.

We did the rodeo on the first night we were in Dallas… but it all depends on the tour and weather conditions and other stuff like that.

Our tour guide gave us another optional extra… we went to Texas Stadium. I’m not a football fan… but it was really something to see.

Enjoy

Nat

• 14 Aug 2007 December said

Default_avatar

Me!

Yeah! I’m planning to go in May/June depending on the dates. Awesome.

• 23 Aug 2007 natalied said

Default_avatar

hii am doing the North by North east trip in May 2008 and hopefully New York new year if they decide to run another trip as at the moment it is full

• 24 Aug 2007 kell said

Default_avatar

Hi I am thinking of doing the Wild western tour in March/April next year. Has anyone done this?? And how do you go doing it by yourself have travelled by myself before but always to jobs never on a holiday!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion