Community_discussions_small  

Question

NZ Grand Explorer 14/03/12 start Auckland???

10 Dec 2011 Dana asked

Dana

Hi guys!!! Im suuuuppeerrr excited for my very first overseas and contiki trip!!! Just wondering who will be joining me on the grand explorer (15 days) auckland-christchurch??

Or is there anything I need to know about NZ or Contiki?

Cant wait, its going to be heaps of fun!

• 10 Dec 2011 Krista said

Krista

i’m going the same tour, starting christ church but :(

• 11 Dec 2011 Dana said

Dana

Oh no :( Maybe we will cross paths at some point? Have you done a contiki before?

• 11 Dec 2011 Krista said

Krista

no.. this is my first time :D… so excited :D
    where are you from dana?
    i’m krista by the way :D

• 11 Dec 2011 Dana said

Dana

Its nice to meet u krista :)
    Ooohhh im sooo excited i dont think i can wait 3 months! ive always wanted to go travelling!
    Im from aus, so i dont really have to travel very far, but it will be great all the same!
    What about you?

• 11 Dec 2011 Krista said

Krista

i’ve always wanted to travel also, but just haven’t yet.
    also from Aust :) live in brisbane.
    and i can’t wait for 3 months either.. 3 months on tuesday is when i fly out.
    should be good. what activities are you planning on doing?

• 11 Dec 2011 Dana said

Dana

Yeah its so hard! I always used to try and get people to travel with, but it would never work out for some reason or another… So im riding solo on this one lol
    Oh wow! Im a tassie girl so any trip is a big one haha. I will be going to bris after the contiki finishes to visit some friends :)
    I fly to auckland on the 11th so i have a couple days to explore auckland…
    Oohhh theres so many to choose from! Really want to do the helihike to fox glacier. And i reckon blackwater rafting sounds fun but i cant get water in my ears so im not sure about that one

• 15 Dec 2011 Krista said

Krista

yeh, i’m planning on doing heaps while i’m there. i’m doing this to get out of my comfort zone, so it should be interesting. how long are coming to Brisbane for?

• 16 Dec 2011 Dana said

Dana

I’m hoping I can but that depends on how much I can save between now and then :) me too! I want to do something exciting that I wouldn’t get the chance to do down here… I will be there for 3 nights, so I’ll fly out of Christchurch on the 29th March, and leave brissy on the 1st :)

• 18 Dec 2011 Krista said

Krista

i fly out of Auckland on the 29th.. what time do you arrive in Brisbane? i think i get in at about 5ish or something like that.

• 20 Dec 2011 Dana said

Dana

Oh damn, everything’s pretty much the same except for the reverse tour! I arrive in Brisbane at 4:50 … I’m so excited, it will be 10 weeks after Xmas! It’s going to fly by :)

• 28 Dec 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

Hi Dana, I’ll be there :)

• 29 Dec 2011 Dana said

Dana

Hi Amanda! How exciting, so glad someone’s booked as early as what I did :)
    I’m counting down the weeks haha
    Have you done a co tiki before?

• 29 Dec 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

Hey i booked feburary of this year, well planned. i only turned 18 this month, so no super scared tho.. :)

• 29 Dec 2011 Amanda said

Amanda
    • so bo never been on an contiki.
  • 1 Jan 2012 Dana said

Dana

Oh Im sure we will both love it over there!

• 27 Jan 2012 Julie1348261 said

Julie1348261

hey there, I am booked into the march 14 Auckland – Queenstown tour.

• 28 Jan 2012 Dana said

Dana

Oh hi there! How exciting :) are you staying at the mercure before the tour? I’m Dana by the way :)

• 28 Jan 2012 Julie1348261 said

Julie1348261

hi, yeah, my name is Julie.

• 30 Jan 2012 Jenni1351306 said

Jenni1351306

Hay Dana, Amanda & Julie!
    I’m also booked onto the March 14th Auckland – Christchurch Grand Explorer Tour :)
    Getting very excited by it all now! This will be my first Contiki and my first trip to New Zealand.
    Are any of you arriving in Auckland a few days before the tour starts? I arrive there on the 10th (Saturday). Still finalising my accomodation, but hopefully will be staying at the Mecure hotel. Hopefully we’ll be able to meet up before hand if so! x

• 30 Jan 2012 Dana said

Dana

Hey Jenni! It is getting very close now, I can hardly sit still :) yep this is my first trip too, and my first overseas… Dun dun duuuunnn! I am getting there early, my flight leaves on the 11th and I’m pretty sure I arrive in Auckland during the wee hours of the 12th. I’m staying down the road from the mecure, at a place called City Travellers. It’s a hostel but looks really nice and it’s quite cheap :) I’m planning on going to the zoo and aquarium before the co tiki, also thinking a wander in the city etc also. Would love some company if you have time x

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.