Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Northern - 25th May 2012

10 Dec 2011 Derek asked

Derek

Hey, I'm planning on heading on this trip next year, got the annual leave all sorted, getting the final quotes planned with a travel agent.

Planning on 2 days in NY and LA at both ends of the trip. Is it better to go Hostel or Hotel? Going Climbing up to the Hollywood sign too ;)

Who else is heading on this tour??

Edit: Due to work i had to push my trips a few weeks later, Enjoy the trip everybody :)

• 29 Dec 2011 Natty_1988 said

Natty_1988

I’m on this tour! :D

• 10 Jan 2012 ayoung said

ayoung

ME TOO!

• 11 Jan 2012 Amanda1 said

Default_avatar

Im on this tour too :) :)

• 11 Jan 2012 Natty_1988 said

Natty_1988

Yay there’s actually people on this tour now! Are you guys travelling alone or with people? I’ll be a solo traveller

• 12 Jan 2012 Amanda1 said

Default_avatar

I’ll be with my boyfriend! Were from Christchurch, NZ ! Yay its exciting people have actually joined now aye :)

• 14 Jan 2012 Renee said

Renee

Hey guys! I’ll be heading on this trip too! @ Dezza…its a pity you won’t make it- guess I’ll just have to drag the rest of the gang to climb the hollywood sign =) When do guys all head to NYC?

• 18 Jan 2012 hollywood259 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys what’s up? My names Daniel im also booked in, I’ve done this tour once before in 09 and had so much fun I had too do it agen! Everyone’s going too love it :) what’s everyone’s plans before hand in NYC ?anyone going on NY uncovered?

• 18 Jan 2012 Amanda1 said

Default_avatar

We are heading there a week before! How long is everyone going to stay in LA for afterwards? :)

• 19 Jan 2012 hollywood259 said

Default_avatar

Il be staying in Hollywood for a week afterwards

• 19 Jan 2012 Natty_1988 said

Natty_1988

I’ve only got one night before and after on either side of the trip :( but going to england and france after LA for three weeks.
    Four months to go woooo!

• 20 Jan 2012 Renee said

Renee

I havent booked anything either side of the trip as yet but will probably just have 2 days in NYC and LA since I did both back in 07 and I only managed to get a month off work!

• 20 Jan 2012 Chriso_au said

Chriso_au

Hey guys im on this trip too! solo from brisvegas. 4 days in NY and 2 in LA. Getting pretty close now, im very excited!

• 21 Jan 2012 Mark said

Mark

Hey Everybody!
    I’ll be traveling solo too. I’ve got about 3 days in NY before the tour and about 6 days after the tour in LA. Good to see other people on this trip!

• 27 Jan 2012 Natty_1988 said

Natty_1988

Hey everyone, I’m now in NY two nights before the tour starts, staying at the hotel the trip departs from. If any other solo travellers wanna meet up and explore with me before the tour let me know :)

• 28 Jan 2012 Renee said

Renee

I’ll be travelling solo too. I’m a bit of a slacker and still need to book my flights but i will arrive in NYC the night of the 22nd so would love to be able to catch up before the trip! When I sort out my accom I’ll let you know where I’ll be staying and we can go from there! Feel free to add me on facebook too- Renee Schneider. I would try and make a facebook group but this new Timeline thing is way too confusing and i have no idea as to where to even start!!!! =)

• 29 Jan 2012 Mark said

Mark

I’m getting into NYC the night of the 20th. Haven’t sorted out a hotel yet but will either be the Contiki Hotel or one close by. Keen to see NYC with other people too so we should organise something!! Find me on fb too, Mark Byrnes.

• 30 Jan 2012 Natty_1988 said

Natty_1988

Sounds good! I haven’t been able to FB you guys yet, mainly cos I fear I’m adding the wrong person haha. You should be able to find me: natalie hardwicke or my email: hihyde@hotmail.com

• 30 Jan 2012 AndyNZ said

AndyNZ

Looking into this trip, looks awesome. Group page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/177221059049697/

• 31 Jan 2012 Chriso_au said

Chriso_au

Hey finally someone facebook savvy enough to make a group. nice one. have you guys decided where you might be staying yet? I can’t decide.

• 31 Jan 2012 ayoung said

ayoung

I’m not 100% sure when I’ll be in NYC but I know I’ll be staying at the hotel we leave from the night before so if anyone’s around then it’ll be great to meet up for a drink or something before we head off!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion