Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl for 21st June 2012, anybody going?

10 Dec 2011 Jamo asked

Jamo

• 4 Jan 2012 Blondi 911:) said

Blondi 911:)

Myself and 2 of my friends are doing this tour :P

• 5 Jan 2012 Jamo said

Jamo

Epic! I’m going with 3 other varsity mates of mine, this tour looks incredible, can’t wait. Blondi 911 have you guys done one before?

• 5 Jan 2012 Blondi 911:) said

Thats awesome its good to atleast kinda know someone on your tour. Ummm not my mates but i went on the European Horizions tour in 2010. Did the tour solo. And one thing i can say was it was the best time of my life… i really cant wait to do it again!!

Where u from :)

• 5 Jan 2012 Jamo said

Jamo

K awesome! We’re all sO keen fOr it :) we’re all frOm Joburg, SOuth Africa. And you guys?

hahah awesome so are we! Last time i was the only South African!

haha i should of clicked with the UCT top

• 5 Jan 2012 Jamo said

Jamo

N0 way, what are the 0dds! S0 we’ll all be representing :) 0h haha yea its a subtle hint ;) where are y0u studying/at sch00l?

I know right.. Lets hope there arent to many of us Saffa’s. Haha im blonde dont do hints well :P.. Im actually working, Im a operations manager for a logistics company :P and u at UCT obviously??

• 5 Jan 2012 Jamo said

Jamo

Haha Fair en0ugh, the hair w0rks as a g00d scapeg0at! Yea at UCT, studying BBus Finance and Accounting. YOu guys flying t0 LOnd0n?

Haha one of the smart people hey ;) Yip we flying out on the 19th and then spending a night at the contiki hotel in london.. are you guys doing something similar or meeting at the first stop in europe??

• 8 Jan 2012 Jamo said

Jamo

Hahaha, we still have to see about that! :) Oh ok cool, yea we’re also flying on the 19th and staying over in London. Haven’t decided on accommodation yet though, what’s the contiki hotel like price-wise? So stoked for this Contiki already! :)

• 9 Jan 2012 Blondi 911:) said

What airline are you guys gonna be flying with? i think its the contiki hotel its called the Royal National Hotel and for a triple share its costing us R415 each, not to bad I rate. Hahahah so are we its gonna be the longest 5 months ever. Are you guys going back home after the tour?

• 9 Jan 2012 Jamo said

Jamo

I’m not sure yet, but probably emirates as its giving the best deals… And you? Yea that sounds like a good rate! We wanna just find a basic place, long as it has a bed to crash on for a few jetlagged guys, that works! Yea I think so, was gonna go to Spain after but decided will leave it for another time. where you jetting off to after? On your Horizons tour, what was your fav place to visit?

We booked our tickets already with Emirates, i hate connecting flights but there prices were really good incomparison to direct flights. The reason we took the hotel at contiki is coz our travel agent said due to the tour leaving so early in the morning its better to be right there and not stress about not making it on time. My one mate and I are gonna spend 8 days extra in london visiting family and some mates i got over there. LOL wow thats a hard one to really answer coz i believe its the people you with that makes the tour and we had such an amazing group that every place was amazing but if i had to choose i would say Munich (Beerhall was so so awesome) and Switzerland… Amsterdam was also amazing but i only had a few hours there

Oh and we then stopping over for 2 nights in Dubai on our way back… haha im super scared about that one but was out voted

• 9 Jan 2012 Francois said

Francois

Hey blondi…..Lol. I signed up, this is gonna be INSANE !! 6 sAffa’s….Legendary

• 9 Jan 2012 naaki1201 said

naaki1201

Yo I’m Looking to go on this aswell.around this time, Going Solo
    Crazy Blondi 911, Jamie Dam South Africans are taking over the world :P
    I’m South African aswell, But i lived in the Uk for along time now

• 10 Jan 2012 Blondi 911:) said

hahah i got a feeling this will be an awesome tour.. lol the more south africans the better… last time i felt so out coz no one understood my south african sayings and phrases… Naaki1201 do you know yet if you gonna be joining us??

• 10 Jan 2012 naaki1201 said

naaki1201

Awesome hopefully get on this one, Never done a Solo trip before. So why not start now. Not 100% yet. should be booking it up this weekend. Hopefully Wont be fully booked by then.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.