Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Accomodation

25 Aug 2009 Elyce22 said

Default_avatar
hey everyone,

my contiki starts on December 5th.

i will be in london for 2 nights (3rd dec & 4th dec).
where is somewhere good to stay that isnt too far out of London city & that is close to where the contiki starts from...
i would rather a hotel/motel over a hostel haha.

thanks Smiler
  • 27 Aug 2009 Sutho said

Default_avatar

When I am in London I fork out for 5 star hotels for the comfort. I usually stay at the Le Meridien Piccadilly, not far from Piccadily Circus and all the big screens and theatre district.

Whats wrong with spoiling yourself with the occasional luxury like an up market hotel once in a while.

• 29 Aug 2009 Casey said

Default_avatar

our travel agent booked us into Royal National Hotel which is above the contiki basment and where our tour starts from, ive been told its a 5min walk from Russel Square, havent been yet so cant comment on how nice it is etc but i dont plan on spending much time in the room!

www.imperialhotels.co.uk and search for Royal National to check it out

• 31 Aug 2009 Explorer1123323 said

Default_avatar

The Royal National isn’t the best hotel but it’s above the contiki basement and you have to meet there the night before and on the morning of your tour so it’s very convenient.

Look for hotels in Russel Sqare that are close to teh Royal National, I’m sure that there are much better hotels.

• 7 Sep 2009 Katie said

Default_avatar

Hey!

So knowing that the Royal national isnt the best hotel in the world (and having this backed up with reviews on tripadvisor!) i decided to stay somewhere for my 6 nights in london beforehand.

Having searched everywhere on the net, wanting somewhere nice to stay (a hotel not a hostel) and not wanting to pay an outrageous rate, my friend and i settled on the K + K George in Earl’s Court.

Wherever you choose, it doesnt really matter where it is in London as long as you are close to a tube station.

The K + K was reasonably priced, offered a good buffet breakfast and going on the reviews of tripadvisor seemed like a really nice hotel.

Hope that helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Katie

• 11 Sep 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you want something a little nicer then the RN, try the Imperial, it’s 2 blocks away and can be booked through your travel agent.

One thing to consider with the RN through Contiki, you’re usually paying for a double room and will likely end up with a roommate from another Contiki tour (you wont end up with a non-contiki person). With the Imperial you can choose a single room. From what I recall the prices are pretty good if you’re looking for a tourist class hotel in central London.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion