Community_discussions_small  

Question

2012 Aug 23 Impressions (:

19 Dec 2011 Jessie asked

Jessie

Whos on this awesome Contiki?
Travelling by myself from little old New Zealand for my 21st!
Who else is on this trip & who else is keen to make a trip to remember (:??

• 9 Jan 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

I am :-) I am travelling by myself from Australia, cant wait!!!

• 9 Jan 2012 Jessie said

Jessie

Oh!! Awesome!!! I’m so excited!!! I wish I had booked it earlier so I could go NOW! (:

• 9 Jan 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

yeah I know…hopefully the next 8 months dont go toooo slooooww….I am travelling on my own too, its my first time doing a contiki tour. When are you flying over, my flight leaves on the 20th so I am having 2 nights in London before it starts :-)

• 10 Jan 2012 Jessie said

Jessie

Are you!! Thats so cool. I am leaving on the 18th or 17th I think… But I’ve got 4 nights in London! and a night in Paris afterwards!!
    Same it’s my first time travelling alone & doing a Contiki..I’ve heard like the coolest things about them though!!

• 18 Jan 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

I have had a couple of my friends do contiki tours that they loved :-) Am hoping to explore London a bit, are you staying at the Royal National Hotel? I booked my accomadation there because thats where the tour starts from….sooooo excited…..now I just plan to work hard and save lots of spending money :-)

• 17 Feb 2012 Jessie said

Jessie

Same here!!!
    I am staying at the Royal National as well for the very same reason and wanna check London out!!
    I am so excited. Its 6 months untill I leave!!
    Haha same. Ive started buying the pound and euro when the exhcange rate has been good (:

• 18 Feb 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

yep I plan to start buying some Euro’s soon the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment……only 6 months to go I CANT WAIT!!!! hopefully we can chat with others who are going on this tour too :-)

• 18 Feb 2012 Jessie said

Jessie

Same!!! I hope people look for this in the Forums!! If not its going to be even more exciting!!
    I know!! Its gunna go so fast!!! So happy we are going in Summer time!!! I just re-read our itinerary it is going to be epic.!

• 27 Apr 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

Hey have you checked out the contiki meet ups??? I have just found 2 other people doing the same tour on there……its getting closer so excited about the trip!!!!!

• 2 May 2012 Cafrine26 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys, Im on the tour as well..Yayyyyyyyy

• 2 May 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

thats awesome,,,,I am counting down the days…..cant wait :-))))

• 3 May 2012 Cafrine26 said

Default_avatar

So which hotel are u staying at before the tour starts? I will get to london on the eve ;)

• 3 May 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

Royal National, I get there on the 21st :-) Where are you from?? I am from Australia

Default_avatar

Im from sydney. I have booked a room at the royal national too

• 3 May 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

Awesome, I am from Adelaide :-) Are you staying longer after the tour finishes???

Default_avatar

Yeah i will have 5 more nights in london. What abt u? Are u staying in France or coming back to London after?

• 6 May 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

I am flying home from France on the same night the tour ends…..I am glad to have found another Aussie doing the same trip. I am excited but as it gets closer and am a little nervous about getting there on my own. I’ve only been overseas once before….who are you flying with I am flying with Emirates with a stopover in Dubai…..I feel like a child counting down the days :-)))))

• 6 May 2012 Cafrine26 said

Default_avatar

Ok.im quite nervous but very excited too. Ive been planning this trip for a long time.not too sure what to pack… Well i will transit in Mauritius for a few nights then head to uk. I wil do the same thing after the tour. Are you getting airport transfer from london airport or just catching the train? Maybe i should give you my email and get to know each other. If you want to of course.

• 6 May 2012 Tripitaka78 said

Default_avatar

I have been undecided about whether or not to catch the train or get transfer….so far I havent booked a transfer but if at the last minute I am too nervous I will book it…..my travel agent is awesome and said she could organise the transfer at the last minute if needed…My email is tristelleg78@gmail.com ( my name is Tristelle) and would love to chat through email….like I said I am heaps happy to have met another Aussie especially one who is travelling on their own like me….and yeah I have no idea what to pack!!!!

• 15 Jul 2012 Jesstar said

Jesstar

Hi guys
    I just checked in and found all this stuff. I’m also travelling on my own and from Syd, Australia. I’ll be at the royal national on the night before the trip, but i’ll be in london for 4 nights before hand though. I’m kinda nervous about going over there on my own so good to know there’ll be other single travellers. I’m flying to Scotland at the end of the tour from Paris ( going to meet my newborn nephew, so exicted about that too). Looking forward to meeting you all

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion