Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer 6th Jan 2012 Christchurch-Auckland

21 Dec 2011 Explorer1227167 asked

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
Ive been looking around and haven't really seen anyone on here going on the Grand Explorer starting on the 6th. Thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone was coming. So excited!!!

• 23 Dec 2011 Mego22 said

Mego22

Im doing the reverse same dates

• 27 Dec 2011 Brooke said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m going on this tour! I’m super excited, but a little scared as this is my first solo trip…ever. Anyway hoping we have a fun group!

• 27 Dec 2011 Explorer1227167 said

Default_avatar

I am anticipating a very fun group. I’m going along with just one other friend. where are you from?

Default_avatar

Yes hopefully everyone is fun. I am from Brisbane Australia. Oh that’s nice you have a friend going. I probably should have waited till some of my friends were free to go with me.

• 27 Dec 2011 Explorer1227167 said

Default_avatar

Nah, Im sure we will all make lots of friends there. and sometimes if you wait for people you end up waiting forever, so good for you for going alone! Im from Melbourne and my name is Melissa :)

Default_avatar

My name is Brooke. Yeh I was waiting for friends, but I want to miss out so I decided to bite the bullet and go it alone. It’s going to be an amazing trip! I have no idea what to pack. Anyway I will see you on the 6th! Not long now!!!

• 28 Dec 2011 MAdvenPlorer said

Default_avatar

Hey, My name is Marianne. I am doing the same tour – Arrive in Christchurch January 5th (departing Christchurch January 6th) for the Grand Adventurer (ending in Auckland January 18th). Do you know if anyone has started a facebook page for this? I’m from the United States. It seems like everyone is from Australia. :)

• 28 Dec 2011 Explorer1227167 said

Default_avatar

Hi Maryanne ,
    nice, we have someone international now. there is no Facebook page that i have found yet, maybe i should make one. Ill do it and let you know the details. i arrive on the 5th too, where are you staying?

• 28 Dec 2011 Explorer1227167 said

Default_avatar

OK i have made an event for the trip, add me on Facebook and i can put you on it, name is Melissa Borg https://www.facebook.com/melissa.borg3
    Hope to get a few people on here :)

• 28 Dec 2011 Explorer1339285 said

Default_avatar

Hi Melissa, Brooke and Maryanne.

My name is Emily from Melbourne and I am joining your on the Grand Explorer Tour starting in Christchurch Jan 6th and ending in Auckland Jan 20th. I also arrive on the 5th :)
    It is my first time at travelling alone a such a big tour so like you Brooke I’m a little nervous but I’m sure it will be ok and will meet heaps of new people. I think it is just that anticipation before hand that make me more nervous and once I’m on the plane I’m sure it will be fine :)
    Looking forward to meeting you girls and others, getting a bit excited!!!!
    Emily

• 28 Dec 2011 Brooke said

Default_avatar

This discussion board is making me less nervous and more excited!
    Thanks for setting up the facebook event Melissa. I have added you as a friend so you can add me. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Brooke

• 30 Dec 2011 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hi all! My name is Hannah, and me and my buddy Candice will be joining you on this merry trip. We both hail from Melbourne and it’ll be the first time overseas for the both of us. We’re flying in on the 5th and staying at Bealey’s… We should all meet up prior! =D

By the sounds of things we’re all first timers, which will make this tour all the better. I’m going to try to do almost all the extras to really get the most out of the trip… I’m really looking forward to the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, the Traditional Hungi in Rotorua, and Parasailing at Bay of Islands.

Seven days to go, girls!! I’m PUMPED!
    Hannah

• 30 Dec 2011 CandiceMarie92 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I’m Hannah’s friend Candice and am feeling just as nervous as all of you. It’s also my first time travelling which is why Hannah and I thought we would go together.
    I also have no idea what to pack and am worried I will forget something super important but nonetheless I am excited as anything. Can’t wait to see another country and meet awesome new people.

Only 6 days now!
    Can’t wait to meet you all :D

• 30 Dec 2011 MAdvenPlorer said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,
    It’s Marianne. I, unfortionately, just had to cancel/postpone my trip, so I will not be joining you in New Zealand. I broke a bone in my foot and am on crutches for the next 4-6 weeks! I am super bummed :( This totally sucks for me, but I hope that you all have a great time. Let me know how the trip is and send me some advice. I will be rebooking my trip once my foot is healed and I can walk!! This was going to be my first trip out of the country and I was traveling alone. I am so upset because it seems like this was a first for most of us on this tour. Anyway, have fun everyone!
    -Marianne

• 2 Jan 2012 Explorer1339285 said

Default_avatar

That’s a shame Marianne, hope it heals quickly.
    Candice – I know it is so hard to think of what to pack, but as long as you remember the most important things like your passport, money and travel documents then the rest you can make up along the way (if you really needed) but I’m sure you will be fine with what you pack.

Looking forward to it girls :)

Emily

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.