Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LA to the Bay - June 6th - 16th 2012

21 Dec 2011 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Hi all,

A friend and myself have just signed up for this tour. We're from the UK and will both be 23 by the time the trip comes about.
Was drawn to this trip because it covers 2 bank holiday days here in the UK and so i have been able to get enough time off with work to do the tour and have a few extra days in both LA and San Fran. It is the first time either of us has done a trip like this and we're eager to find out if anybody else is coming along?

Have been informed that June is a really good month to go =)

If anybody is already coming on the trip - what are your plans?! Are there any tips from anyone who has already gone LA to the Bay?

Kirsty

• 2 Feb 2012 renee said

Default_avatar

hey Kirsty,

a friend and i have just booked this trip today.
    we will both also be 23 at the time of the trip, and we are australian students who are doing this trip prior to a study tour in mexico.

we are really looking forward to it :)

Renee’

• 2 Feb 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Hi Renee,

That’s great! I’m so looking forward to the trip – everybody’s reviews have been amazing. There is so much to do it’s going to be a nightmare cramming everything in =)

We’ve spoken to 2 other Australian girls on here who are coming on our trip! They are 21, so again about the same age as all of us – So far i think me and my friend are the only Brit’s on the tour!

There isnt all that long left to go now!

Kirsty x

• 2 Feb 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Explorer1307323 – To the UK or to this LA to the Bay Tour?

• 4 Feb 2012 SimoneAlyce said

SimoneAlyce

Hey guys
    I cant decide whether to do this one or the Wild Western one on the same date…maybe I should do this one then just spend a few extra days in san fran and la like you said Kirsty.
    I’m so excited, although I haven’t booked yet I just have to make up my mind!
    I’m going alone which is a scary thought…first time overseas!

Simone :)

• 4 Feb 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Don’t worry about travelling alone Simone, a lot of people do it. There’s lots of us girls on the tour by the look of it aswell so you won’t be short of company! Where will you be flying from?

Am I right in thinking the Great Western tour is the same tour it just keeps going back to LA after San Fran? If so then I’m not sure which is best. We’ve spoken to a couple of people here that are doing it and a couple that are just doing LA to the Bay. We chose the latter option so we could have more time and LA and San fran to do all the things we want to do. We also had time constraints so it really was the best option for us and we liked the idea of having the organised tour but then having some freedom either end. Which one to you think your leaning towards?

We’ve heard amazing reviews about the tour in general!

Kirsty x

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

KirstyLouise88

Sorry I think my phone completely freaked out there – I can’t delete all the responses for some reason but ive edited them as small as possible so they can be ignored. – oh dear. Useless haha x

SimoneAlyce

Haha nevermind!
    Yes I am leaning towards LA to the Bay.. I can only get so much time off work and I was hoping to have a few days extra just to do my own thing so I think the 11 days would work better.
    Plus I feel much better now that I have spoken to someone else going!
    I’m from Melbourne Australia, im 22 :)

Feels good to make a decision! haha

KirstyLouise88

That was another thing for us – with all the bank holidays in the UK I’ve only had to take 10 days of annual leave. Couldn’t have taken much more than 2 weeks. We bit the bullet and booked to go just before christmas. I was sold on LA to the bay straight away though – ridiculously excited even though its still 4 months away. So much to plan though – packing is going to be the most difficult part though I bet! X

SimoneAlyce

Oh I agree packing will be a nightmare haha, I’ll have to start organising myself soon. haha
    Very very excited I better get a move on and book it! Can’t wait

• 7 Feb 2012 briony90 said

briony90

my friend and i booked this tour the other day! we are so excited! we are both from melbourne and will be 21 and 22!
    we are also staying a few day in LA and san fran but also flying over to new york at the end of the trip for a week! we are so excited! cant wait!

• 7 Feb 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

That’s cool! Everyone seems to be about the same age aswell.
    If i’d have been able to have more time, i’d have added New York in as well! That would be a great way to finish off the tour!
    Can’t wait either – sure we’ll all have a fab time x

• 7 Feb 2012 AmyJ2890 said

Default_avatar
    Hi All!!

Im doing this tour as well, I’m travelling with a friend we are both 21 and from Brisbane. We are spending a few days before hand in LA and then a few in San Fran afterwards then we are spending another two weeks or so travelling around to a few other places in the US ending in New York!

I can’t wait its going to be so much fun!

• 8 Feb 2012 Jay Jay said

Default_avatar

Yea….only 4 month to go ;-)
    We should open a Facebook-Group for this LA to the Bay/Wild Western-Tour. We made it for my last Contiki-Tour and so we found a lot of more people from the trip…..

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion