Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the BAY 6th - 16th June 2012

21 Dec 2011 KirstyLouise88 asked

KirstyLouise88

Hi all,

A friend and myself have just signed up for this tour. We're from the UK and will both be 23 by the time the trip comes about.
Was drawn to this trip because it covers 2 bank holiday days here in the UK and so i have been able to get enough time off with work to do the tour and have a few extra days in both LA and San Fran. It is the first time either of us has done a trip like this and we're eager to find out if anybody else is coming along?
Have been informed that june is a better month to go, as the desert gets much hotter again in July and August and so we'll be plenty hot enough in June! Ridiculously excited already and cannot wait to be there!!

If anybody is already coming on the trip - what are your plans?!

Would love to hear from others joining us,

Kirsty

• 21 Dec 2011 Jay Jay said

Default_avatar

Hey…..I plan to do the “Wild Western” Tour at June 6th (it’s the same – just finishing in LA). So I think we’re gonna meet ;-)
    I’m from Germany and 29. I want to make some extra day’s in LA before the trip starts. I asked a girl from my last Contiki tour who is from LA. She said May and June are the best months for that.

• 5 Jan 2012 AmyJ2890 said

Default_avatar

Hi!! My friend and I just signed up for this tour. So very excited! This will be my second Contiki tour but first of America. We are both from Australia and 21.

Cannot wait!

Amy

• 5 Jan 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Hi both!

So there’s definitely 5 of us on the tour then! I really cannot wait now – I have no idea how i’m going to fit in all of the things I want to do though =)

Where did you go last time Amy? I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about Contiki so that’s always great. Can’t believe there are only 5 months to go!!

Kirsty

Default_avatar

I went around Europe with Contiki back in Dec 2010, it was fantastic so keen to do another one. Are you going on any where after the contiki or just heading home?

KirstyLouise88

We’re heading out to LA a few days before the tour starts and staying on in San Francisco for a couple of days when it finished. Heading back home then. How about you?

Default_avatar

Same with us and then after the tour we are flying around to a few other places in America and then on to New york. Its all so exciting!

KirstyLouise88

I wish I could get more time off!! That all sounds really amazing!

Planning on booking a couple of trips that will sell out by the time the tour starts – considering cirque du soleil in Vegas and want to book an evening / night trip to alcatraz. Theres also offers online for universal studios and hollywood tours etc.

Default_avatar

Thats what we are thinking of doing so we don’t miss out on any of that stuff. Alcatraz at night would be awesome!!! There is just so much to do and so very little time to get it all done.

I hope the tour becomes a definite departure soon, Id hate to miss out on it.

KirstyLouise88

Most people I speak to seem pretty sure it’ll get confirmed. We’ve booked flights already and will go it alone if its cancelled as a worst case scenario but really hoping it goes ahead!!

Apparently May / June is the best time to go because the desert gets too hot in July/August and according to the woman i spoke to from contiki – they get hardly any cancellations in the USA any time of year.

(All this talking about it, is getting me far too excited – it’s ages away!) Ha ha.

Default_avatar

Oh yay that’s good!!! It’s going to be amazing, limo ride in Vegas, grand canyon, San Fran.
    Only 152 days to go!!!!

• 16 Jan 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Time is really not moving quickly enough at the moment! …. How many days to go now???? Haha.

• 16 Jan 2012 AmyJ2890 said

Default_avatar

haha 141!!

• 7 Feb 2012 KirstyLouise88 said

KirstyLouise88

Less than 4 months to go now Amy!

When i made this discussion topic I raised it as a comment aswell as a question and quite a few more people have replied to that one saying that they are coming on the tour aswell! – We shall be confirmed for departure in no time =)

http://contiki.co.uk/community/discussions/40471-la-to-the-bay-june-6th-16th-2012

K x

• 7 Feb 2012 AmyJ2890 said

Default_avatar

Oh yay thats awesome so glad there are more people coming I really want the tour to happen!

Getting pretty excited!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.