Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Wild Western - Oct 8 to Oct 21

5 May 2008 Tracie said

Tracie
Hi
wondering if anyone is doing the wild western Oct 8 to Oct 21?
love to hear from anyone doing this tour
  • 6 Jun 2008 WestOzy said

Default_avatar

Hey there Tracie,

My name’s Mike and I’m from Mandurah WA, I’ll be on this tour. Not long to go now.

Where are you from, are you going alone?

I did have a friend going, but he sooked out, so now Im flying Han Solo

• 7 Jun 2008 Tracie said

Tracie

Hey Mike welcome aboard

It’s great to finally hear from someone doing this tour
    I’m from Penrith NSW
    I’m 24 and i am also travelling solo
    How old are you?
    I only have 3 months until i leave to go away and i can’t wait…it’s getting closer and closer…
    i head over on 11th Sep to do the grand northern and than do the wild western
    i head back home for 6 days than i’m going to NZ to do the grand explorer

never rely on people going with…they always drop out…but don’t worry it will be awesome on your own…i did usa and canada last year and travelled solo..it was an awesome experience

Is this your first contiki tour?
    Previously i di the grand southern, big apple explorer and the grand canadian…i’m heading back to USA to finish of the tours so by the time i’m finished i will have done a huge circle of North America

• 7 Jun 2008 WestOzy said

Default_avatar

Hey Tracie,

I’m 28, but 29 by the time I get to the USA.
    I can’t believe all the travelling you’ve done, and still have planned to do, you must have a big ol’ money tree in the back yard Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

And yes, first contiki tour, so really looking forward to it. Good thing I’ll kow someone like you, sounds like your a veteran hey! ha ha

• 8 Jun 2008 Tracie said

Tracie

last year was the first time i travelled away anywhere and on my own…i’d never been on a plane before and i figured if i was going to travel so far that i would go for as long as i could
    then theres this year…well…i kinda got the travel bug after last year and i couldn’t pick between tours so i figured what the heck why not do them all..your only young once hey..

as for the money tree..well it has been many years of saving for nothing in particular and it’s worth the experience
    i don’t know about being a veteran…i guess once i finish all the tours i’m doing this year i will be a contiki veteran…and will have been able to meet alot of people along the way
    if you have any questions just ask

So have you started planning everything yet? nervous about going alone? don’t be
    Are you just doing the one tour?
    If you are just doing the one tour when do you get into LA? I’m staying at the hotel the tour starts from are you? I’ll be there for 3 days before the tour because thats the gap between the grand northern and the WW so I’m intending on going to the theme parks if your interested

• 9 Jun 2008 WestOzy said

Default_avatar

I have been planning heaps, these forums have really helped to remind me of things I wouldn’t have thought of.

By the time the trip rolls around, i’ll have been planning it for over a year.

I actually arrive in LA the day before the tour, I think I get to the hotel around midday, so depending on what planet I feel like I’m on, due to jetlag, I cold be up for some sightseeing.

• 9 Jun 2008 Tracie said

Tracie

Yeah i know what you mean it takes such a ong time to plan stuff…

There is so much to read on the forums..i go on for a quick check of things norm and end up getting off like hours later

I wasn’t too bad when i arrived over there last year but i was too scared to go anywhere cuz i didn’t know what the place was like being on my own and all…

The hotel has a really nice pool there so if anything thats the place to hang before the pre tour meeting that night.

After the pre tour meeting most people end up going to get dinner together its only a short walk to some resturants nearby

• 5 Jul 2008 Tracie said

Tracie

I have just created a group on facebook for this tour if anybody is joining on this date

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17183439394

• 17 Jul 2008 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

Hey all,

I am tentatively booked on this tour. My name is Rob, and I am from Canada! This will be my 2nd Contiki.

Chat Soon

• 18 Jul 2008 TarafromNS said

TarafromNS

hey guys, I am also tentatively booked on this trip as well, I will be fully booked on Monday (I hope) – good to see another Canuck on board….this will be my third contiki and am anxious to get on the coach.

• 13 Aug 2008 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

Just received word that our trip is officially confirmed.

See you all in LA on October 7th!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion